truck size again

IT_S HOT

Expert Expediter
It depends on the company. Most would likely say yes. I have a class 7 t300 I bought from Jeff Jones 6 years ago, at that time was with fed.ex. and was told since it had a class 8 frame and power train, it was good for 10. Came to L.E.A. 4 years ago and nothing has ever been said about life. 74 months and 620,000 miles later still running great!
JAKE :)

TryHoursRcrtr

Expert Expediter
I can tell you from our end of it. If an Owner Operator has equipment, in good condition and taken care of, then there is no reason why you couldn't lease on for 10 years. You will find some companies are more then willing to work with their owner operators.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't think Panther has an age requirement once it is signed on. Something to consider if a company wants you to replace a truck every 5 to 7 years. As truck costs increase, loan interest for those financing, and higher insurance for new vehicle, one has to take those figures into consideration. As you see now, many companies are adjusting their policies as finding trucks and drivers is getting more difficult.
Davekc

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
egl is 5 to 6 and no matter what it is
most will do ten and some will go longer if it look's good and
is able to pass a dot insp and is in good shape is in not
being later, cause you are sitting on the side of the road
and somenew truck's are sitting on side of the road
friend had a new company truck and was going out of dealer's