Truck Driver's IQ

jamespope

Not a Member
Average adult combined IQs associated with real-life accomplishments by various tests:[88][89]

MDs, JDs, or PhDs 125+ (WAIS-R, 1987)
College graduates 112 (KAIT, 2000; K-BIT, 1992), 115 (WAIS-R)
1–3 years of college 104 (KAIT, K-BIT), 105-110 (WAIS-R)
Clerical and sales workers 100-105
High school graduates, skilled workers (e.g., electricians, cabinetmakers) 100 (KAIT, WAIS-R), 97 (K-BIT)
1–3 years of high school (completed 9–11 years of school) 94 (KAIT), 90 (K-BIT), 95 (WAIS-R)
Semi-skilled workers (e.g., truck drivers, factory workers) 90-95

No wonder I was wasting my time posting anything. Talking to a bunch of people with a 90-95 IQ is like talking to the guy that works at the dump. Plus getting advise from them is a bonus! Bling Bling!

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Don't be so hard on yourself.

By the way, how's things at the end of the checkout line? Any possibility being promoted to greeter?

Monty

Expert Expediter
James. I'm not sure where you got your stats. But may I assure you, my friend, there is a lot more to life than scoring high on some test provided by a student of an ivy leauge institution that percieves intellegent as being able to add 1+1 and get 2.

The truckers I have met over the years, (with a few exceptions), have more "walking around" intellegence than any graduate of Harvard.

They are the kind of people that see a problem, then fix it. They do not have to consult with some blog, internet site, professor, etc to know what to do, and how to do it.

So you keep walking around with you nose in the air while it rains until you drown, the rest of us dummies will just be resting over here on the porch until the sun returns.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Average adult combined IQs associated with real-life accomplishments by various tests:[88][89]

MDs, JDs, or PhDs 125+ (WAIS-R, 1987)
College graduates 112 (KAIT, 2000; K-BIT, 1992), 115 (WAIS-R)
1–3 years of college 104 (KAIT, K-BIT), 105-110 (WAIS-R)
Clerical and sales workers 100-105
High school graduates, skilled workers (e.g., electricians, cabinetmakers) 100 (KAIT, WAIS-R), 97 (K-BIT)
1–3 years of high school (completed 9–11 years of school) 94 (KAIT), 90 (K-BIT), 95 (WAIS-R)
Semi-skilled workers (e.g., truck drivers, factory workers) 90-95

No wonder I was wasting my time posting anything. Talking to a bunch of people with a 90-95 IQ is like talking to the guy that works at the dump. Plus getting advise from them is a bonus! Bling Bling!

Nothing like coming in here and insulting people you don't even know.

I wonder what the nurses/lawyers/PHD's/masters holders in here think about your post. I wonder what those who have had careers in advance fields would think.

You might wish to reconsider your participation here.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
My IQ score is 133 so I guess I should hang out with more doctors and lawyers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

If this economy continues you just may be working with more and more educated ppl as more and more smart ppl enter this field. :D

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If I had to (got to) choose between sharing the road only with professional truck drivers or only people with above average IQ scores, I'd choose the truck drivers every time.

Last edited:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter

Maybe some of us are in the wrong line of work then. Mine is upwards of that, but you know what a high IQ gets you these days. Absolutely nothing really, unless you want to be in Mensa or something.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Gosh, I always wondered why all my classmates at The University of Michigan and Wayne State University went on to become medical doctors, attorneys and doctors of philosophy and the only offer I received coming out of college was working at the local dump.

At least I was able to furnish my home cheaply, got plenty of free plastic playthings for the toddlers in the neighborhood, and never lacked for a snack if the missus forgot to pack my lunch.

Thank goodness I have finally sunk to the level of my ability and manage to hang on to that steering wheel!!!

Oh, and Mister Pope, you would have been wise to use "advice" instead of "advise" in your last 'complete' sentence. Otherwise, some of us may have beeen too dumb to discern your meaning...

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
How arrogant of Jamespope to assume that all drivers have the alleged IQ he proclaims.

Has he even considered I wonder, that some drivers might have had a life before driving and then chose life on the open road.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How arrogant of Jamespope to assume that all drivers have the alleged IQ he proclaims.

Has he even considered I wonder, that some drivers might have had a life before driving and then chose life on the open road.

Don't burn your steak and kidney pie over this one....LOL...:)

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The poster must have found his stats the same place as the anti truck groups get thier information.
On a used piece of toilet paper. Typicaly its the wanabees that bash the profession theyre in.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Maybe some of us are in the wrong line of work then. Mine is upwards of that, but you know what a high IQ gets you these days. Absolutely nothing really, unless you want to be in Mensa or something.

An IQ score means little if you are below 160, other than that people can read and study a little more to get to the same level.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Does make you wonder as to what the IQ is of the person who started this thread?
Some require a personal exercise in foolishness to determine their self worth. :eek:

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is not enough Vicadon to get rid of this migraine headache from thinking down to his level.