TriPac question

Andrew0580

Seasoned Expediter
My fan fuse keeps poping and thermo king is no help they just tell me to bring it in so they can get $100 per hour to tell me the problem. Anybody experience this issue?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
My fan fuse keeps poping and thermo king is no help they just tell me to bring it in so they can get $100 per hour to tell me the problem. Anybody experience this issue?

I believe that is why people pay the 100 dollars. With that aside, it is likely a bad ground (ex. plug or frayed wire), or too much resistance at the switch. That is assuming you are using the correct fuse size. If it comes on then blows, it probably isn't the control panel. The remedy is to clean and inspect all plugs and check/replace the fan switch. Switch can be checked with a meter as well. Also, make sure fan air isn't obstructed with a dirty filter or restricted air flow on the piping. If there is any rattling/noise prior to the fuse blowing, it may be bad bearings on the fan motor.
Good luck. I'll wait for my check in the mail:D

Andrew0580

Seasoned Expediter
I believe that is why people pay the 100 dollars. With that aside, it is likely a bad ground (ex. plug or frayed wire), or too much resistance at the switch. That is assuming you are using the correct fuse size. If it comes on then blows, it probably isn't the control panel. The remedy is to clean and inspect all plugs and check/replace the fan switch. Switch can be checked with a meter as well. Also, make sure fan air isn't obstructed with a dirty filter or restricted air flow on the piping. If there is any rattling/noise prior to the fuse blowing, it may be bad bearings on the fan motor.
Good luck. I'll wait for my check in the mail:D

thanks for the info, its actually the radiator fan and it has not worked since i bought the truck a month ago. The unit runs great and i thought it was not coming on because it was not hot, but I got to messing around under the bunk and I found the fuses and when I replaced it, it came on then it popped. Replaced it again and it popped instantly.:confused:

Andrew0580

Seasoned Expediter
thanks for the help, the rain stopped here at last and I had the chance to crawl under the truck and get dirty today and I found a wire rubbing on the frame that had rubbed thru:eek:

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
I had a fuse problem a year ago and the dealer in Plover, WI. replaced it with a bigger fuse. They covered it in the warranty because they found out the old one was not big enough. The Wisconsin Thermo Kings (Transport Refrigeration) are more experienced in the Tri Pak because the one in DePere, WI. invented it.

Andrew0580

Seasoned Expediter
I had a fuse problem a year ago and the dealer in Plover, WI. replaced it with a bigger fuse. They covered it in the warranty because they found out the old one was not big enough. The Wisconsin Thermo Kings (Transport Refrigeration) are more experienced in the Tri Pak because the one in DePere, WI. invented it.

Yes you are right, I forgot that part. The fan fuse needs to be changed from a 10 to a 15 they told me.