Transmission ECM

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
I am told by my mechanic that I need to replace the tranny ECM on my old fl-112 2004 with eaton -fuller auto shift...checked on new one it is almost 2k at freightliner and he says that we are supposed to replace the harness with it...any ideas?? Part # K4195 thanks frank

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
Is this a Freightliner shop? I'm asking because I had a problem with my '08 Cascadia Smart Shift last year. It wouldn't shift past 5th gear. I took it to Freightliner, and they found a couple of corroded pins on my harness. Did the shop hook up to Ecm and pull a code telling them that was the problem?
Sometimes it is easier for them to just replace everything and hope the problem goes away rather than diagnose it. Maybe a second opinion is in order if possible.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am told by my mechanic that I need to replace the tranny ECM on my old fl-112 2004 with eaton -fuller auto shift...checked on new one it is almost 2k at freightliner and he says that we are supposed to replace the harness with it...any ideas?? Part # K4195 thanks frank

First off, lets back up a bit and tell us what it is doing that led you to the shop in the first place !!!