Transitions

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
With the changes that have occurred in the trucking industry over the past years, being the changes in regulations, CSA2010, and all of the rest of the garbage, one sometimes reevaluates the direction in life they are currently traveling. Some choose to and are lucky enough to change that direction. Others just say the h*ll with it and change anyway. Not sure which category I would consider myself in. Maybe a little of both.

But with the house being liquidated, the Fifth wheel RV purchased and a dream in the process of being fulfilled, that change just may be lurking around the corner for us. I see the day the tractor will be retired and cut down into a toter for our fifth wheel. A platform built behind the small sleeper to carry the Smart Car on, and my days spent sitting at my desk writing stories for my books. The first to be released by FriesenPress in the last quarter of 2013.

I shall come away from this life on the road with many stories to tell, and many books to sell!

Attachments

• Landmark 4.jpg
    Landmark 4.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Landmark 5.jpg
    Landmark 5.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
CSA2010 is much ado about nothing. I wouldn't worry about it unless your such an uprofessional andillegal operator your score is so high you should be broomed anyway.

Having said that, I'm not planning on buying another truck and hopefully will be out of the business all together by next year.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Streak, if you ever find yourself with an overage after delivering those jet engines, save it for the Smart Car.

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
Not sure why ya'll are waiting....To me this job IS to a great extent, retirement....It's not all that hard...we certainly do the traveling....as a Vanner I get to go "to it" almost as much as "thru it"..

Having had a 5 year midlife retirement...I found it boring and unfufilling...Expediting has allowed me to work pretty much as little or as much as I have wanted...there have been some downsides no doubt...but that just seems to be part of life...

after al is said and done...it is the "persuit of happiness" and if it is achieved, it seems it gets away and the persuit continues.....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those pictures are the funniest looking jet engines I've ever seen.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Good luck to ya. Glad to hear you are realizing your dream.
We have 37 months to "debt free" and then we will decide what we want to do to earn a living. Since I will only be 57 retirement won't be an option, but with no debt our income needs will be small and easily obtainable.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Good luck to ya. Glad to hear you are realizing your dream.
We have 37 months to "debt free" and then we will decide what we want to do to earn a living. Since I will only be 57 retirement won't be an option, but with no debt our income needs will be small and easily obtainable.

Buy a gym,Jim.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Buy a gym,Jim.

I'd rather be sitting in the comfort of my RV behind my computer smelling my own sweaty fingers as they feverishly type out my stories, rather the stuck in a building full of stinky people working up a sweat on an exercise machine! LOL

Oh and the sight of man cleavage cause their pants are to short when they bend over to pick up the barbells, or boobs popping out of the tiny tops that are to little to pack em in while they do their crunches! OMG!!! To much for the eyes to see! RFLMAO