Train VS Semi

jpalmer

Seasoned Expediter
This is what happens when I forget my camera..lol

Yesterday I was on the way to Grapevine to work my part time job. Was sitting at a stop light. I look over and there is this semi sitting on the train tracks at a red light. Then...The train horn blows. :eek: The crossing arm goes down on the semi. The driver backs up and rips the arm off the signaling devise thing. At that point the train is about 15 feet from the where the semi was. Thankfully the train was going about 45 mph so the semi had time to get his **** straight.

What makes it scarier is the semi was a tanker and had a flammable sign on it. There were about 300 cars at this intersection because of rush hour and construction. Everybody else was oblivious to the situation until they saw me trying to position my car to get the hell out of there...lol

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hope you were able to see the carrier name and report it to them. That driver is an idiot that needs significant remedial training at the least.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I hope you were able to see the carrier name and report it to them. That driver is an idiot that needs significant remedial training at the least.

Wouldn't do any good down here in the DFW area.

Sure, a Tanker is considered a HazMat load, driver should have a HazMat endorsement, and driver should also have NOT had that Tanker parked on those tracks in the first place. But, down here, rules and regs don't mean crap to these drivers, especially the Fuel Tanker Drivers and the Gravel Truck drivers.

Just a few days ago as I was heading home from my shop, I had a Yellow Loves Fuel Truck go flying by me running probably 55mph in a 35mph zone in the far right hand lane running down Mid Cities Blvd in NRH. Between Rufe Snow & Davis there's a RR Track. Did the driver stop for that right after he flew by me?? I never saw brake lights at all, just a big ole fuel tank trailer bouncing like hell as he hit the tracks at 55 MPH in a 35 MPH zone.

It's an everyday occurrence down here. I used to call in years ago, don't even bother now.

I do watch school busses though. For the most part, those drivers adhere to rules and regs. But, a couple of years ago I was passed by a Keller ISD running a good 60mph down 1709.(40mph zone) Bus was full of kids. It took me hitting 70+ trying to catch up to it to get the bus number. When I finally did, we were both running 65-70 going down 1709. Better believe I called in on that. In the following 2 weeks, I had 3 different "Supervisors" call me back, told them what happened, and last I heard, the Lady lost her job over that.

Thank Gawd Texas is NOT a Union Controlled State!!!!