Tornadoes in Texas

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
FAA requires all aircraft to be inspected for possible damage after exposure to hail - that may be the 'damage' reported, as the planes can't fly until inspected.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Yeah...they finally reported "Hail" Damage out there at DFW Airport. Nothing major though and they aren't really covering it that much "Locally". DFW Airport is back in full operations now...flights are taking off and coming in. Lines are getting smaller and smaller as each hour goes by.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
The team had just dropped that trailer at Great Dane yesterday they are running a show trailer for Lockeed right now and another team was coming to dallas to have their reefer valiaded so they were going to drop and grab that trailer. For some reason i think those plans have been changed. Thank god no one was hooked up to it. We have been poking fun with them ion facebook i told them that the next time they drop a trailer dont drop it from 100 feet in the air lol

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
The trailer belongs to Becky and Alan who live in Texas and had dropped their trailer off at Great Dane. They were not in Dallas when the tornadoes went through and they are OK.

They are still waiting to hear if there is anything left of their reefer trailer.

Trailer is a complete loss it even ripped the reefer unit off out it

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333510148817.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333510148817.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 58

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Wow, I hope that everyone is safe. We just got done mapping and contacting all of our units and everyone is safe. But the storms are not done down there.

Thats the way to do it Panther sent out warnings to trucks in the area over the QC then my understanding is that Jeff Garra and the Relations team called trucks in the area it looks like we lost 2 trailers in all one reefer and one dry box i haven't heard of any injuries from the dry box I think it may have been at great dane also. If someone knows they can correct my guess

Kristi

Active Expediter
We were supposed to be in Dallas today for 6 pm pickup but the load fell through (no pun intended). We ended up going into Knoxville instead. We are from OK and know how devestating these kinds of storms can be. Please everyone be safe out there. They are calling for rain all across the midwest for the next 3 days.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
when I reported the planes they had just recieved word about that.they didn't say what kind of damage.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
Thats the way to do it Panther sent out warnings to trucks in the area over the QC then my understanding is that Jeff Garra and the Relations team called trucks in the area it looks like we lost 2 trailers in all one reefer and one dry box i haven't heard of any injuries from the dry box I think it may have been at great dane also. If someone knows they can correct my guess
That was my bad Ken..it was only one trailer..I was confused on the location of the dropped trailer, the drop yard that I was thinking about was the Utility trailer yard next to Scnider yard..the Great Dane yard was across the interstate where Allen and Becky had dropped the reefer..but you were correct..total loss ,from watching the video, you dont see all the damage when it first hits it, but apparently it kept tearing the hell out of it as the tornado passed, resulting in the flattened 100k trailer..