to team drive or not to team , that is the ?

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
welp here i am ......... almost 7 yrs with panther.
driving solo....... last aug. of 2011 i took on a team partner ... well . that turned out to be a super stressful ordeal.. to the point that i lost my job.
everythin was soo peacful until i stareted teaming.
my owner does not have a truck for me to be solo in at this time.. and panther has no conections for me with anyone who will hire me as a solo.
i wil NOT team with a strange man in my truck or share my bed..
i am 56 and have my privacy issues.

ayways........ sooo i guess im going to be checking out other companies ... and someone to drive for... a cago van would be cool i guess.. depending on the sleep arrangments inside.. and maybe a option to buy. that buy part is just a thought.
I been having laptop issues.. slowness and all think it needs a tune up or something..
if anyone has any leads .. please shoot me a emal ....
[email protected]

tanx.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I DONT KNOW why ya'll think this thread is so friggin funny .. cuz its NOT!!
i am not fired........ or let go .. or anything else.
my co driver was .... and has left me out in the cold.

my owner has NO truck for me to drive in as a solo until i can find a team partner.
i have a add here for a team partner or drive solo.... i been sitting for 2 weeks.
i need to work NOW!!!

i have a very strong work ethic with panther and excellant driving record.
i will switch companies if i have too...........
have consider'd a cargo van... but i like my space in the trucks.

i have had 3 so far females respond to my add with there numbers..
i call themn ...... and well 1 smoked.
1 didnt even have her licsense yet...
and the other ... isnt sure she wants to go on the road or not..
its like ........ WELL WHY DID U WANT ME TO ALL U ?? geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
i need some more serious responses.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tough situation, sure hope you come up with an answer quick. Sorry, but I can't help. Good luck!

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
It is understandable why you would want to team. No one has to tell you how difficult it is to do that with a stranger. My boyfriend would still be solo on the road if we were not involved, because he knows of the issues you faced. Even though we are not an official team (I am an "emergency co-driver", I spot him 2 hours behind the wheel on runs over 10 hours long), it would be overwhelming for him to live in a van with just anyone. You will notice a lot of teams are husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, relatives of some sort. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Morningstar, I was taking a little jab at IRT's beefcake photo. I didn't mean to make light of your situation in any way. As Lisa pointed out, it's got to be tough to team with a stranger. I wouldn't want to do it. It has to be very frustrating to be put in the situation you're in.

I apologize...

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
I DONT KNOW why ya'll think this thread is so friggin funny .. cuz its NOT!!
i am not fired........ or let go .. or anything else.
my co driver was .... and has left me out in the cold.

my owner has NO truck for me to drive in as a solo until i can find a team partner.
i have a add here for a team partner or drive solo.... i been sitting for 2 weeks.
i need to work NOW!!!

i have a very strong work ethic with panther and excellant driving record.
i will switch companies if i have too...........
have consider'd a cargo van... but i like my space in the trucks.

i have had 3 so far females respond to my add with there numbers..
i call themn ...... and well 1 smoked.
1 didnt even have her licsense yet...
and the other ... isnt sure she wants to go on the road or not..
its like ........ WELL WHY DID U WANT ME TO ALL U ?? geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
i need some more serious responses.

I'm confused a bit. You say you lost your job in the op but this one you said it was your co that list job. Where is the truck? I know a guy that would probably let you run solo with your exp. If you are still looking shoot me a pm and u will give you his info. He's had trucks leased on with panther for years. Your in a straight truck right?

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm confused a bit. You say you lost your job in the op but this one you said it was your co that list job. Where is the truck? I know a guy that would probably let you run solo with your exp. If you are still looking shoot me a pm and u will give you his info. He's had trucks leased on with panther for years. Your in a straight truck right?

ahh .. sorry have been somewhat frustrated lately with the events going on.
i feel like i lost my job.. cuz i am sitting here jobless....... *sigh* im sure as hell not out there on the road , making money at this point.

soo today .....................
i applied with landstar...... and some local company here in buffalo... and thinking of fed ex..... have to kinda broaden my horizans i guess.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
ahh .. sorry have been somewhat frustrated lately with the events going on.
i feel like i lost my job.. cuz i am sitting here jobless....... *sigh* im sure as hell not out there on the road , making money at this point.

soo today .....................
i applied with landstar...... and some local company here in buffalo... and thinking of fed ex..... have to kinda broaden my horizans i guess.

Have gou considered/contacted Load1? Seems to be a lot of happy campers over there.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just went through Load 1 orientation with my boyfriend yesterday; sent you a PM with info on what we found out about teams there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

tanx

i think teaming is great if your married or a solid relationship with someone...
but if your working for 2 house holds.. and have way seperate home tyme places.......... it can get frustrating and problems occur.