Tips?

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
I do not expect tips, but if offered, I refuse then accept if they insist. In 6 years of expediting, I have been tipped 3 times. 2 of which was money and 1 which was 24 pack of ball point pens. Both times that I was tipped in money, I had to run all night in snow and ice. My delivery time was critical and came close to being missed, but I came through. Customer was getting updates from me directly as I drove. They both were very appreciative and wanted me to have the tip. One was very substantial and while I did inform my broker, I didn't see that I broke any rules with them. Nor do I feel I did anything unethical. Some customers reward good deeds. I certainly was shocked and don't expect tips. But some people are just that way. Who am I to try and change them?

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I've been doing some local things around Cincinnati since I came off the road. Recently I delivered some catered food for a wedding reception and got a pretty healthy tip for that. I never got a tip on an expedite load.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I got a 20$ tip to take a skid that was left on my van cuz the guy couldnt keep it in his 1000$ a month condo. Makes for a great fire and bought my beer for that night!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App