Tickets help

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
I've got 2 seat belt and 1 speeding in the last 6 mths no points and I lost my job...Is there anything I can do to clean my record?
Thanks

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If you have already plead guilty, then your options are about zero. If they are still in the pipeline, then hire an attorney from the state in which you received them. They should be able to clear that up.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know anything beyond what Dave suggested, and this is meant to beat up on everyone not just to beat up on you, but absolutely nobody should ever get a seatbelt ticket. That should be clicked before the key is turned. Good luck with them.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
For future situations where the offense is in a out of state court...cantact the judge in the town ASAP (usually will get the clerck) and ask for a "delayed dispostion" or a "delayed judgement" in most cases what they will do is hold the ticket for 6 months if you don't have any further enfractions IN THAT COUNTY" the ticket will be tossed after the 6 month "clean" period...get another in that time frame and look to get hit hard...

But as Dave said, if you have already plead guilty...forget it...and if you are a CDL holder...ohhh CSA 2010 just bit you....it is retro-active and you will have points there...

Last edited:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Sometimes, But not too Often An Officer would stop a Vehicle for Speeding and Knowing that it could cost the Operator Either his Job and or 2 Points, Or a Financial Hardship, So He'll sometimes give the Operator a choice of either a Speeding Ticket with 2 Points if Found Guilty or a Seat Belt Violation with No Points. I Know I have done that in the Past!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
2 seat belts equal 1 moving,Wolf,that's all you have?then you only really have the same as 2 moving violations.most of the expedite companies will take you

60MPH

Expert Expediter
I know i will not be popular with this reply, but i am going to let it fly. I think seatbelt tickets should not be handed out to anyone over the age of 21. You are an adult at that time and the choice should be yours. I think it should be just like the helmet law in some states, if you don't want to where one then don't, you are only hurting yourself. If I get into a accident and I am thrown from my seat into the windshield and I get killed, then it is my own **** fault.

Whitewolf sorry to here about your bad luck but as other have posted it appears that you would only have 2 moving violations and most carriers will still take you, unless that speeding violation is like 15 mph or more over the limit.

Ok i am ready for everyone to bash me about not wearing a belt!! Fire away:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I know i will not be popular with this reply, but i am going to let it fly. I think seatbelt tickets should not be handed out to anyone over the age of 21. You are an adult at that time and the choice should be yours. I think it should be just like the helmet law in some states, if you don't want to where one then don't, you are only hurting yourself. If I get into a accident and I am thrown from my seat into the windshield and I get killed, then it is my own **** fault.

Whitewolf sorry to here about your bad luck but as other have posted it appears that you would only have 2 moving violations and most carriers will still take you, unless that speeding violation is like 15 mph or more over the limit.

Ok i am ready for everyone to bash me about not wearing a belt!! Fire away:D

Nope...gonna pat ya on the back..I feel the same way about seat belts...get that **** govt outa my car..my life...my choice...and I just don't like 'em!!!!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
the seat belt law has to do with the states having to take care of you after your hurt in an accident,and you don't have insurance.no seat belt,no help.What I feel about the seat belt,if you have a young passenger,they need the belt,but like was said,anyone over the age of 21,the seat belt law should be like the helmet law for motor cycles,most states it's by choice

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
er...I DO qualify for the over 21!:)

Dakota...nice idea..but heck no...*l*

And just for the record...helmets are your choice too..although they make more sense..

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The seat belt laws are put in place because the feds were lobbied by the insurance companies so they can limit their liabilities. It was a secondary law until the feds started to squeeze the states on Transportation funding in order to make is a primary law.

I stand by this - if I am supposed to wear a seat belt, every motorcycle rider has to wear a helmet.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Prove you have the money in the bank to cover the million dollars or more it may cost for immediate and long term care after your accident with no seatbelt and more power to you. Otherwise buckle your lousy seatbelt and get over it so we don't all pay through higher insurance rates to pay the bill for someone too selfish to wear a seatbelt.

Oh, I'm sure my response will be unpopular as well but that's ok. Seatbelts should be mandatory for everyone and so should motorcycle helmets for that matter, again, with the same exemption for those with 7 figure bank balances.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I'm with LDB on this one.

Optional seatbelt usage and motorcycle helmet usage considers that all adults (even the ones from Turtle's "Elite" photo have the capacity to make sound, intelligent decisions, and are good and/or competent drivers. Assuming you are that person, what about the people you encounter on a roadway that aren't?

Ever picked up a body part from a roadway?

I have.....twice.

There is no excuse for you to not wear a seatbelt.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Leo,
The thing about the insurance company stuff is a bunch of BS. See regardless what the outcome is, sometimes it doesn't matter if you are wearing your seat belt of not and the insurance companies know this. Some accidents are made worst with a seat belt on but more than not it helps.

I don't think the seat belt laws should be primary, they should have been secondary. But again how many times do you see parents getting tickets because their kids are not in a car seat?

I haven't yet.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Next time one remodels their home on their own the State can mandate a hardhat and safety boots...just in case of an accident and you need long term care...and that will drive up home owners insurance....it is MY home, MY car...get the heck out of my life....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Prove you have the money in the bank to cover the million dollars or more it may cost for immediate and long term care after your accident with no seatbelt and more power to you. Otherwise buckle your lousy seatbelt and get over it so we don't all pay through higher insurance rates to pay the bill for someone too selfish to wear a seatbelt.

Oh, I'm sure my response will be unpopular as well but that's ok. Seatbelts should be mandatory for everyone and so should motorcycle helmets for that matter, again, with the same exemption for those with 7 figure bank balances.

Amen, brother, Amen! Your response is not as unpopular as you think. I think most people will agree with you.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Leo...my issue is NOT with the seat belt itself...my issue is with somebody else telling an intelligent, reasonable woman what she should or shouldn't do. And as my wise father told me, YOUR freedom stops where MY nose begins!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And your freedom stops where my wallet begins. :D That's my issue, the potential costs of those not wearing seatbelts or helmets.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And your freedom stops where my wallet begins. :D That's my issue, the potential costs of those not wearing seatbelts or helmets.

Honey...when you start paying MY bills, you can tell me what to do...but I've been able to take care of me for more years than I care to admit...I'd have thunk you being from that great state of Texas that you and I would think alike...could it have anything to do with how you all drive down there? *lol*:p