Thinking of a move!!

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
Seeking info from you panther folks. I currently have a team operation at leam and am considering a move to panther. Leam has been a great company, but freight has been horrible. I know it" that time of the year" but they still have to eat. Some special questions would include veh acceptance( 98 fl70, 22' box w/liftgate & tag axle),the need to get to the Northwest every six weeks or so and the pay structure. I realize these are basic recruiter questions, however, I also feel confident you'll have answers to questions I haven't asked:) I do appreciate your input and pardon the spelling.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't answer your other questions but pay is $1.20 plus fsc per loaded mile. There won't be any of those sweet runs at $1.98 a loaded mile like with LEAM and it's all exclusive use so no double loads but on the other side if you find a load on your own you get 85% of the gross to the truck.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I guess the question is.....how often are those $1.98 per mile loads available?
If you book your own loads with Panther, regardless of the source, you can put as many loads on the truck as you want. Leo is correct in that most expedite loads dispatched through Panther are exclusive use.
The other item of mention is Panther pays .50 deadhead after 100 and empty moves to a freight board. That is based on fuel costs and is calculated from where you start. Not a profit plan, but does cover most fuel costs. I would talk to some drivers and recruiters and compare your situation.
Good luck.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I agree- LEAM is fine when all works well. It seems that after Hurricane season, they go to the dogs. Tri-State would love to talk to you, I think you would do better there than P2. Personal opinion: seen many P2 logos removed...

creekindian33

Expert Expediter
another thing abought panther is every load they will short u by 50 to 100 miles per load they say its to save customer but thats bull they r taking this look at ur miles from point a to b ull see so whith the shortage does not matter they pay a hire fuel surcharge then most companies by the time they take this from u ur not coming out any better o an by the way they pay drivers that have been there 125 to 135 mile i whould recerch before i moved my truck to them they r not the best choice:*

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I thought P II also has a five year age limit, I could be wrong though. We run good miles with them abd the miles are pretty close to what the load offer says.