There IS Life After Bankruptcy! (lol)

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well, it's been about 7 months since we filed and said goodbye to NECTOS, our truck. We've been driving for an owner since then, and what a difference the Business Manager made! We did better each month with LEA, unfortunately, the mechanical problems with the FL70, and the long, dry period before we signed on with him has just about thrown our owner into bankruptcy. (i don't think it was our fault, REALLY! ;-) )

We're at home now, looking for day jobs. Already found an apartment and a used car -- not an easy undertaking, what with the bankruptcy and all...

i'll be looking into Emery -- seems like they stay pretty local -- and other driving positions.

And, hey! When you start feeling down, just give Ingram Ready Mix a call -- your life will begin to look like HEAVEN! They expect their drivers to perform "routine maintainence" on the trucks they drive -- INCLUDING changing the tires (!!!), and oil changes, AND you are expected to help level out the cement once you drive it to the site and pour it during your 60+ hour weeks! All for the unbelieveable pay of $8.50/hour! Well, it does go up to $9, which they made sound like the ceiling -- either that, or they've just never had anyone stay long enough to merit the NEXT raise! :) Sheesh!

Anyway, i should be getting online and visiting here more often -- just give me a chance to get the apartment liveable! ;-) It's a 1000 sq ft townhouse with a 1 bedroom loft, 1 and 1/2 bathrooms, a fireplace -- it might take me a while to even FIND the computer in all that space! LOL After living in a what? 48 sq ft sleeper, with a 1/4 bath (the port-a-potty!), THIS is going to be a MANSION!

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

Christyrose

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Wendy!
George and I wish you both good luck in your new life! It sounds wonderful. No more living on the road. Being able to come home every night and have a real life. I can not wait till we will be able to make the jump to local driving either.

We did meet up with the other team. I think they are leaving to be on their own as well. Hmmmm, I know wonder how the "office manager" well handle this. Sometimes good intentions turn into horrible situations.

Take care guys, enjoy your new life!

Chris and George