There Goes GM......

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Filed this a.m. for chapter 11. I was surprised to find out that the federal government is now going to own 60% of them. Oh boy now all of us legal us citizens own a part of GM yee-haa!!. I see the government in the future will now be able to set even higher cafe' standards. And put there competition out of business.

This is just the first step next thing you know they will buy a big section of G.E. for batteries and give them money to update the power grid to charge all the smart cars that GM will produce. Heck you will even be able to go to the grocery store or movie and the parking lot will have power outlets to park your car in and charge it up. It will not be free and in the long run it will probably cost most than gas.

And for those that need a bigger vehicle for work or what ever I am sure we will have to buy carbon footprint credits. we are in a new age people wake up!! Oh and if anyone has a pic of the new gov/gm/ge smart car please post it. I would to see what the government thanks is best for all the people.:rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
37079068.SmartCarDispenser.jpg

Uses Pez Dispensers for the distribution channel

smart-car-design-audi-a3.jpg

The SUV version​

greg334

Veteran Expediter
When you add the total cost up including the ripple effect from this, we will own 176% of GM.... well we won't own anything, the government will own it. We don't have a bit of say in the dictatorial attitude the congress and the Obama administration has forced on us.

This will be another KMart, where the old company will be trashed instead of coming out of bankruptcy, the investments of millions of people who stuck with the company will vanish and others will make millions off of the new company. When the pension fund loses start to hit them they start begging for help and the government will come to their rescue. And the top bond holders who were forced to take pennies on the dollar and have insurance on their investment, the insurance underwriters will get their share of a bailout when they realize what has happened.

The product will become cr*p again, the 1980's all over and because this is a new company, the old products DO NOT HAVE to be serviced through any remaining warranties, it is a new company and even if the judge says so, there is always an out clause to protect the new company. Oh and lemon laws, I think they no longer apply.

It is sad that the UAW members got their wish - seeing the company through these hard times without giving up a lot. They are the cause of their own demise, they wanted not to give up anything they earned but they earned nothing because they are workers, not investors. The really bad thing is their dumb ideas that the entire cause of this was one of the several blame game topics; banking crisis, mortgage crisis, the war in Iraq (I'm not kidding) and Bush's move to help the economy that tighten credit even more. But they always leave out the right reason - no one wanted to buy their product because the consumer didn't like it.

Well not ever going to buy a NEW gm product, I already bought a future for them through my tax money, no need to give them any more.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
This is just the first step next thing you know they will buy a big section of G.E. for batteries and give them money to update the power grid to charge all the smart cars that GM will produce.

Smart car is a Daimler (MB) product so that wont fly. :)