The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Levin Asks an Interesting Question

1710865201349.png

I'm still not convinced that Trump does not already have the money lined up to cover the appeal; half a billion in cash ready to deposit with the court. We'll find out for sure on Monday.

That said, Levin asks an interesting question. Trump admitted 30 bonding companies turned him down. He has taken no known action to get loans against his properties to raise the needed cash; perhaps because those properties are already so leveraged that additional mortgages on them is not an option. And if Levin's observation is correct, Republican mega-donors are leaving Trump high and dry; probably because they know no one in their right mind would take Trump on as a credit risk when he is highly likely to lose the appeal, and his track record as a borrower and businessman is poor. Six bankruptcies and a track record of stiffing vendors is not helpful.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

View attachment 23773

I'm still not convinced that Trump does not already have the money lined up to cover the appeal; half a billion in cash ready to deposit with the court. We'll find out for sure on Monday.
Of course, there's also the more than likely idea, Trump is a fraud. His entire business background is built on fraud. His net worth is nowhere what he claims.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No, Mr. Navarro, That's Not How it Is

Before reporting for prison today, former Trump aid Peter Navarro said, "They come for me, they can come for you.”

No, Mr Navarro, that's not how it is. They are not coming after me because I have committed no crimes. They are coming after you because you committed a crime. You are a criminal. I am not. You have been convicted and sentenced. I have not. They came after you because you deserve to be in prison. I'm a free man because I did not do the crime you did.

Mr Navarro, you'll be a lot less frustrated if you accept and take to heart what the judge told you:

“You are not a victim. You are not the object of a political prosecution,” the judge added. “These are circumstances of your own making.”

Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here's an interesting development, right in NYC involving high profile DEMOCRAT mayor Eric Adams who's accused of sexually assaulting a co-worker who remembers all the details including the exact year - 1993. It's almost identical to the Trump - EJC case, but she's only asking for $5M. However, he's denying everything including even knowing her and claims what she's saying isn't true. This has been established as defamation in the Trump case, so she should receive punitive damages as well; $80M sounds like a nice figure.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman and muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Alan Dershowitz makes some good points about the Trump bond situation. The short version, Judge Engoron set an excessively high bond to insulate himself from reversal according to NY state law that requires bond to be posted before appeal can be made. This in a case that's been brought against the leading GOP candidate for President. Of course an appeals court or SCOTUS will eventually reverse this nonsense under 8th and 14th Amendment protection, hopefully before the corrupt NYC AG James wipes out all his assets.

The bottom line for this whole process is the Democrat party's obvious coordinated selective prosecution to interfere with a presidential election. Imagine how well this template will work on candidates with lesser means.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

View attachment 23773

That said, Levin asks an interesting question. Trump admitted 30 bonding companies turned him down. He has taken no known action to get loans against his properties to raise the needed cash; perhaps because those properties are already so leveraged that additional mortgages on them is not an option. And if Levin's observation is correct, Republican mega-donors are leaving Trump high and dry; probably because they know no one in their right mind would take Trump on as a credit risk when he is highly likely to lose the appeal, and his track record as a borrower and businessman is poor. Six bankruptcies and a track record of stiffing vendors is not helpful.

The only question I have is how much is Levin himself donating ?

Seems like if he's gonna be so outraged he ought to at least disclose his own support level ... in the interests of putting his money where his rather loud and obnoxious mouth is ...

Reactions: ATeam and Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, Mr. Navarro, That's Not How it Is

Before reporting for prison today, former Trump aid Peter Navarro said, "They come for me, they can come for you.”

No, Mr Navarro, that's not how it is. They are not coming after me because I have committed no crimes. They are coming after you because you committed a crime. You are a criminal. I am not. You have been convicted and sentenced. I have not. They came after you because you deserve to be in prison. I'm a free man because I did not do the crime you did.

Mr Navarro, you'll be a lot less frustrated if you accept and take to heart what the judge told you:

“You are not a victim. You are not the object of a political prosecution,” the judge added. “These are circumstances of your own making.”
Maybe according to the world of liberal Democrats, but not according to precedent. Apparently, Mr Navarro doesn't understand how the Biden justice system works.

"Obama's DOJ didn't prosecute Eric Holder and Lois Lerner following contempt referrals after they invoked executive privilege.

Bush's DOJ didn't prosecute Josh Bolten and Harriet Miers following contempt referrals after they invoked executive privilege.

The Justice Department hasn't prosecuted executive officials who were instructed by the president to invoke executive privilege until now. The last time anyone was sentenced for contempt of Congress was in 1948"

ATeam

Retired Expediter
For the Record

"Mr. Trump has long bragged he is a billionaire many times over. While much of his wealth is tied up in real estate, he testified under oath less than a year ago that he had 'substantially in excess of $400 million in cash.' And after last month’s verdict, Alina Habba, one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers, said that he is worth 'billions and billions and billions of dollars” and “happens to have a lot of cash.'”
(Source)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For the Record

"Mr. Trump has long bragged he is a billionaire many times over. While much of his wealth is tied up in real estate, he testified under oath less than a year ago that he had 'substantially in excess of $400 million in cash.' And after last month’s verdict, Alina Habba, one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers, said that he is worth 'billions and billions and billions of dollars” and “happens to have a lot of cash.'” (Source)
#perjury

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You DO Understand This, Right?

If the Supreme Court agrees that Trump is immune from prosecution because he was president, current President Biden could order Trump killed and Biden would be immune from prosecution.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Also for the Record

"Some of Trump’s supporters are puzzled that he has not yet been bailed out by one of his wealthy donors. The answer is that he has a history of not paying what he owes. From the world’s biggest banks to America’s smallest contractors, Trump is expert at stiffing creditors. That is not to mention the class-action winners of those who paid exorbitant fees to study at Trump University, the dissolution of the Trump family’s charitable foundation for a “shocking pattern of illegality”, and the fact that roughly $50mn in Trump 2024 campaign funds has gone to pay his legal bills." (Source)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Also for the Record

"Some of Trump’s supporters are puzzled that he has not yet been bailed out by one of his wealthy donors. The answer is that he has a history of not paying what he owes. From the world’s biggest banks to America’s smallest contractors, Trump is expert at stiffing creditors. That is not to mention the class-action winners of those who paid exorbitant fees to study at Trump University, the dissolution of the Trump family’s charitable foundation for a “shocking pattern of illegality”, and the fact that roughly $50mn in Trump 2024 campaign funds has gone to pay his legal bills." (Source)
Like I've said.... #fraudster

Reactions: RLENT and ATeam

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A president with absolute immunity....

Just the idea should scare the jabeegees out someone. Can someone please explain to me how our MAGA Muffin friends cannot see the danger.

Reactions: RLENT and ATeam