The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Everyone is reporting it. Too funny

What's really funny is that someone appears to have went out their way to find a source (that if past history is any indication, they generally considerable as not credible) ... to cast it in a light as likely to happen (most of the initial reporting allowed it as possible but didn't necessarily hail it as likely)

Now that's really funny ... ;)

Reactions: Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
More Crimes From Trump's Fine People

"The former chief financial officer of the Trump Organization [Allen Weisselberg] is expected to plead guilty to perjury charges on Monday ...

"It will be the second guilty plea by Weisselberg, who in 2022 pleaded guilty to 15 counts of tax fraud ..."

"Last month, the New York state judge overseeing the attorney general’s civil case found Weisselberg liable for fraud and ordered him to pay $1 million plus interest, roughly half of the $2 million severance he received from the Trump Org."
(Source) (Bold emphasis mine.)
--------------------
"Prosecutors sought a five-month sentence for Mr. Weisselberg, acknowledging his age in coming to their recommendation; his sentencing before the judge in the case, Laurie Peterson, is scheduled for April 10." (Source)

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
That's a disappointment. I viewed the opinions on the other side as valid and was hopeful the Supreme Court would agree. But they didn't, and that's the way it is. The ballot-disqualification question has been settled. The question could be revisited by Congress, or again by the Supreme Court at a later date. But for election year 2024, the practical effect is Trump is not disqualified from the ballot.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If Trump wins the Presidency, lots of desks will be cleaned out and many buses and trains to be relubed.......................

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Who Will Get Trump's Plane First? Carroll or James?

With the appeal windows soon closing in the NY fraud and Carroll defamation cases, and Trump unable to post cash or bond so far, and him begging the courts for a better deal but not getting them, lawyers for James and Carroll are poised to seize Trump's assets to settle the judgements. The Carroll appeal window closes this Saturday. The NY appeal window closes a couple weeks later.

I'm thinking the first thing they will go after is his 757 plane. It's not like a building. It's not like a bank account with an unknown balance. It's something that can be easily found, seized with relative ease with a court order, quickly sold for cash, and easily transported to the new owner.

I'm also thinking the plane will be a first-choice target because it will provide a great deal of satisfaction to the plaintiffs to take one of Trump's prized possessions away from him.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who Will Get Trump's Plane First? Carroll or James?

I'm also thinking the plane will be a first-choice target because it will provide a great deal of satisfaction to the plaintiffs to take one of Trump's prized toys away from him.
That would be epic! He would go absolutely bonkers. It might even be time to call those nice young men in their clean white coats.

Reactions: RLENT and ATeam

ATeam

Retired Expediter
New Filing by Fani Willis

In a new filing, filed 4:48pm 3/5/24, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis argues that Trump and his co-defendants have not met their burden of showing a disqualifying conflict of interest. (Source)

As the judge gets close to making his ruling, I feel no pity if DA Willis is sweating this out. It remains to be seen how the judge will rule, It may turn out to be that the defendants did not make an adequate case for disqualifying her from the GA RICO case. But right now, with her last-ditch brief filed, she has nothing to do but sit and sweat. And she deserves to. Her unprofessional conduct was idiotic for a legal professional.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Sign of Trump Panic?

It's now just days until E. Jean Carroll can take court action to seize $83.3 million of Trump's assets. Yesterday, Trump's attorneys filed a document with the court which asks for a new trial.

That request has zero chance of success. Trump has asked this judge for new trials before and the judge turned him down each time. I honestly don't know what Trump is trying to accomplish by asking the judge for something that has been previously declined.

It may be a panic response prompted by the fact that Trump cannot raise the money or secure a bond to forestall Carroll's judgement enforcement actions. This is pure speculation, not based on any facts, but it is easy for me to imagine Trump having a hissy fit in private, demanding that his attorneys do something to stop his asset-seizure nightmare scenario from developing; and to keep it out of the news that, in fact, Trump cannot raise the needed cash or secure the needed bond. Left with no legal options, but needing to do something to placate their boss, Trumps attorneys responded by filing this anemic request.

Again, this is pure speculation with no facts to support it. But it's a scenario that explains this otherwise illogical filing. Behind the scenes, Trump is panicking.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

So is he really that full of himself that Hamas would have not done what they did if he was president? What does that have to do with anything?

Considering a lot of people (including myself) believe what Israel is doing in genocide, Trump is telling them to finish them off. Not really surprising since he has dictator tendencies.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Sorry, Donnie. No Denaro for You.

Trump recently met with prospective large donors, including Elon Musk. Musk's net worth is close to $200 billion, and he could presumably underwrite Trump's entire campaign and cover all his legal expenses, and pay all his multi-million-dollar judgements without breaking a sweat. Those amounts would be pocket change to Musk.

It seems Trump proved to be a poor beggar. Deal-maker Donald came up dry. Musk said today he is not donating any money to Trump or Biden.

In the meantime, the Carroll judgement and New York fraud judgement clocks continues to click. Carroll is just days away from being able to take judgement enforcement actions to collect the $83.3 million a jury says Trump owes her. Trump can forestall that if he can come up with the required cash or bond in conjunction with an appeal. But so far, he has been unable or unwilling to do that.

Trump is said to have been sullen in his Super Tuesday victory speech last night. On a night of a great victory, he may have been inwardly discouraged because he's about to be exposed as broke. No big donor(s), no lender(s), no bonding company, and no foreign government has surfaced to bail Trump out; and it does not seem he can bail himself out either.

Last edited:
  • Love

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Did Musk Have This in Mind?

When Trump asked Musk for money last weekend, Musk gave none. I wonder if Trump's previous statement about Musk might have something to do with it?

On July 11, 2022, Trump said this on Truth Social:

“When Elon Musk came to the White House asking me for help on all of his many subsidized projects, whether it’s electric cars that don’t drive long enough, driverless cars that crash, or rocketships to nowhere, without which subsidies he’d be worthless, and telling me how he was a big Trump fan and Republican, I could have said, ‘drop to your knees and beg,’ and he would have done it.”

We don't know if Musk told Trump to drop to his knees and beg last weekend, but the temptation for Musk to say that was likely there. Either way, Musk gave beggar Trump nothing.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump Keeps Begging While Offering Nothing

This evening, Trump's lawyers begged Judge Kaplan once again to postpone a rapidly approaching deadline. At midnight tonight, Trump will have just 72 hours remaining in which he can forestall enforcement of the $83.3 million judgement a jury awarded Carroll and said Trump must pay. He can do that by appealing the $83.3 million jury verdict and posting cash or bond to cover that amount.

Trump can appeal no matter what. But if he appeals without posting cash or bond, Carroll can begin the process of seizing $83.3 million worth of Trump's assets. If he posts cash or bond, judgement enforcement actions are stayed until a ruling is made by the appellate court. As the clock ticks, it is looking more and more that Trump is too broke, too illiquid, and/or too much of a credit risk to come up with the cash or bond.

These repeated pleas to the judge are growing increasingly anemic. Trump is offering nothing but a request that the rules not apply to him. Judge Kaplan has denied Trump's similar requests before. I expect him to ignore this evening's request or deny it as well.

I'm no fan of Trump, but this is getting embarrassing even for me. Trump sexually assaulted Carroll. Trump defamed Carroll twice. In fair trials with two different juries, Trump was found liable for all three acts. It's time Trump stopped wining like a baby. It's time for Trump to stand up like a man and responsibly answer for his deeds.

Last edited: