The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No, that would be this:
"Sources say" is quite different than the conservative group "True the Vote" telling a judge under oath that the evidence of illegal ballot stuffing they claimed to have does not exist. They were lying all along and now they admit it under oath. As Ragman says, this is indeed part of the Big Lie, and it is in fact a lie.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Sources say" is quite different than the conservative group "True the Vote" telling a judge under oath that the evidence of illegal ballot stuffing they claimed to have does not exist. They were lying all along and now they admit it under oath. As Ragman says, this is indeed part of the Big Lie, and it is in fact a lie.
Is it not perjury also? Guilty!

Reactions: RLENT and ATeam

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Carroll trials proceeded over Trump's objections. The NY civil fraud trial proceeded over Trump's objections. Now the criminal trials are beginning to happen. Trump has been good at delaying trials, but as he runs out of legal tricks, the trials draw close.

If he really wanted to delay the trials, he could have avoided them altogether by not committing the crimes.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Cannon also denied a Trump motion to delay the trial in the classified documents case today.

Probably figured out she was getting a little far out over her skis and decided not give SC Smith any more ammo to have her recused.

:joycat:

Reactions: ATeam and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Cannon also denied a Trump motion to delay the trial in the classified documents case today.

Probably figured out she was getting a little far out over her skis and decided not give SC Smith any more ammo to have her recused.

:joycat:
I think so too. It seems to me she is doing everything she can to help Trump while avoiding an appeal that has the potential of getting her tossed off the case.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Damn You, Fani Willis

I glimpsed into the Fulton County evidentiary hearing today, and quickly glimpsed away. Willis's professional misconduct, has turned a courtroom today into an episode of the Jerry Springer Show. It remains to be seen if legal points where made sufficient to have her disqualified from the case, but her romantic stupidity casts her in a bad light. Dumb, dumb, dumb thing to do for a DA who should know better, and who is up for election in November.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilgrim and Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Damn You, Fani Willis

I glimpsed into the Fulton County evidentiary hearing today, and quickly glimpsed away. Willis's professional misconduct, has turned a courtroom today into an episode of the Jerry Springer Show. It remains to be seen if legal points where made sufficient to have her disqualified from the case, but her romantic stupidity casts her in a bad light. Dumb, dumb, dumb thing to do for a DA who should know better, and who is up for election in November.
You did the right thing. I watched about half of her performance and it was grossly unprofessional and strained the limits of credulity. It's hard to believe she wasn't held in contempt of court. Even the talking heads on MSNBC were dismayed at her antics and predicted she'll probably get disqualified from the case. That may be the least of her problems if the IRS and the state of GA decide to audit her after the tales she told about her cash transactions to Wade with no supporting documents. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My prediction: Wade and Willis will get an admonishment from the judge,( who is bending over backward to be fair to them) but won’t eventually disqualify them.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
That may be the least of her problems if the IRS and the state of GA decide to audit her after the tales she told about her cash transactions to Wade with no supporting documents. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
The cash transactions did not trouble me a bit. At the time, they were in a relationship. One partner repaying the other half with cash for expenses initially paid by one is no big deal. There are people out there who routinely keep and carry large amounts of cash. When my wife and I were truckers on the road, we did that very thing, because as Willis explained, you wanted to maintain the ability to get yourself out of any bad situation that developed. In our case, we carried enough cash to cover a major truck repair, tow bill, fine, car rental, lodging, etc. where a check or debit card might not be accepted.

I know personally a number of people who keep and carry large amounts of cash. You feel safer having it than you fear losing it. It's not like you are carrying your life savings around. While some people might consider it to be a lot of money, the people who do this have the money and it would not rattle them much if they lost the money clip or had it stolen.

In the Willis/Wade case, these were not business expenses. They were not the kind of thing that they would try to claim as a tax deduction. No tax laws were violated as far as I know. There would be no reason for an audit. This was vacation money with one partner reimbursing the other for her half. That is neither criminal nor suspicious. No evidence was produced by the defendants that suggests otherwise. The Willis/Wade testimony about the cash is plausible and stands unchallenged by any countervailing evidence at present.

As I said, it remains to be seen whether Willis's professional misconduct rises to the level of disqualifying her from the case. But if it does, the cash transactions will not likely be a contributing factor.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
My prediction: Wade and Willis will get an admonishment from the judge,( who is bending over backward to be fair to them) but won’t eventually disqualify them.
I'm leaning that way myself. But even if this skilled RICO prosecutor is allowed to remain on the case, her monumental romantic blunders greatly diminish her public status and they will absolutely be an issue in her upcoming run for reelection. In the domain of romance, Willis was dumb as a box of rocks and I would not blame the voters a bit if they gave her the boot. Her behavior may not rise to the level of getting her disqualified, but monumental stupidity does not have to be forgiven by the voters.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Thinking About Trump's Legal Expenses

It has gotten busy for Trump in several courts at once. His legal expense meter must be spinning faster than the fuel pump when diesel is selling at $10 a gallon. He may have reached the point where the money is flowing out faster than it is flowing in. And that's just for he legal fees. The Carroll judgement and tomorrow's Engoron ruling, which is expected to be expensive for Trump, are huge financial blows.

Reactions: Ragman