The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nah ... it was to shut her up and prevent her putting The Donald on the spot with a tough question.

So does a punch ...

Tell it to me when it's your daughter or wife getting manhandled ...
To avoid a tough question? That's funny right there. Some may not like some of his answers, but no candidate in this campaign has been interviewed and answered more questions than Trump.

If it was a punch that would be a whole different ball of wax. But it wasn't . This was about someone grabbing her arm briefly to keep a distance from the candidate.

If there was more to it than a brief grab of the arm, yes I would have more of a problem with it. But it didn't look like much to me. I would tell them not to overreact. I will say though that he should have just apologized and moved on.( Then again the Trump campaign is basically the 'no apology tour') He might have not realized that grabbing her arm hurt her at the time. He also came from behind, most likely startling her. It was curious to me that the campaign manager was participating in 'security'. Probably needs to stick with just managing a campaign and let security do security.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I don't know what to tell ya...
My first post of the link occurred at 20:07 ... on another web forum ...

The name for the link was taken from the headline then on the story. (Sometimes I'll open up a window with the Source Code and pull the headline/title from there ... but this was wasn't one of them)

After that posted, I clicked on the "Edit Post" button and copied the post (to grab the formatting) and then posted it here at 20:12.

Interestingly enough, when doing a Google search on "Trump" last night at around 23:00, a link to the article was still showing up in the results with the original headline.

The way these things get updated throughout the day it's sometimes hard to keep up with all the changes, and it's easy to miss many of them.
No doubt ... probably easy to get confused.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
IMO this is blown out of proportion a bit.
Tell it to me when it's your daughter or wife getting manhandled...
I guess your question is directed to Muttly. I don't know if he has a wife or a daughter. I don't even know if he is a he or if he is a she. It's a mixed up muddled up world. What I do know is I have one of each, a wife and a daughter. I also have a son. Being this is a forum and I'm a husband and father I will answer your question.

You used the term "manhandled", technically and grammatically you are correct. The Trump dude was a man, with hands. It appears he used one or both hands to handle this woman and guide her aside. If it was my daughter or wife in place of the reporter we wouldn't be discussing this. It was a non-noteworthy event. It happens regularly in a crowd. I sure it is even more commonplace in a crowed room where a presidential candidate is.

If it went down like the reporter claims; my wife would have tried to trip the guy. Failing that she would have at least flicked a booger on him. My daughter would have called the guy out on the spot making sure everyone around her was aware of her being "violated". Had the situation escalated, the perpetrator would have got a knee to the groin.

Your turn! "Tell it to me when it's your daughter or wife getting manhandled..." Would your answer be the same if the alleged victim was your son or husband? Think about it!

Reactions: davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The whole thing was much to do with nothing. She wanted to be a story and it fell flat. She couldn't even convince the secret service who was standing right there. So of course, there will be no charges. Whole thing was hilarious whether you like Trump or not.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This business with Michelle Fields is just a tempest in a teapot, and another example of the Trump/Anti-Trump fracturing among conservatives and the Republican party. It's fair to speculate that Fields and Shapiro were already having their differences with their superiors at Breitbart, and this contrived "assault" gave them a format to jump ship and try to make no only Trump but also their former employer look bad in the process. Going on Megyn Kelly's show did more harm than good to Fields; wonder if Dr. Phil or The View will be next?

Considering the security concerns at campaign events - especially Trump's - one would think these reporters are advised, or are at least aware that they should maintain a certain distance from the candidates. It's not unreasonable that anyone who breaks that barrier will be restrained by private security or the Secret Service.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You used the term "manhandled", technically and grammatically you are correct. The Trump dude was a man, with hands. It appears he used one or both hands to handle this woman and guide her aside.
Leaving bruises in the process ...

I sure it is even more commonplace in a crowed room where a presidential candidate is.
Might depend on who the crowd consists of ...

Everyday folks, probably so.

Media, mebbe not so much.

Your turn! "Tell it to me when it's your daughter or wife getting manhandled..." Would your answer be the same if the alleged victim was your son or husband? Think about it!
As someone who has never laid an unwanted or unwelcome hand on any woman, my answer would be that a campaign manager has absolutely no business laying his hands on a woman who isn't a imminent security threat, particularly in a manner which leaves bruises.

Just the way I was raised.

Reactions: cheri1122

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That doesn't answer the question you asked of Muttly that I then asked of you.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You didn't ask the same question that I asked of Muttly ... nonetheless, I would have thought that the reply that I provided would have lent some insight into what my answer might be if you had.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Interestingly enough, when doing a Google search on "Trump" last night at around 23:00, a link to the article was still showing up in the results with the original headline.
That can happen a lot with Google, not only because of their own caches, but because of local caches.

Considering the security concerns at campaign events - especially Trump's - one would think these reporters are advised, or are at least aware that they should maintain a certain distance from the candidates. It's not unreasonable that anyone who breaks that barrier will be restrained by private security or the Secret Service.
Also consider that the Q&A was over and Trump was leaving, he was on his way out, when Fields jumped in and tried to ask another question. That's her style - ambush citizen journalism.

Leaving bruises in the process ...
Some people are really thin skinned and bruise quite easily.

He does that a lot, but in his defense, your "Think about it" tag more or less rendered your YES/NO question rhetorical. ;)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Considering on how it all played out and who she is, I would be speculative of this bruise
AP is apparently projecting that John Kasich has won Ohio.
I don't know that will matter. Don't they have to win the majority of delegates in eight states to be a contender at the convention?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He does that a lot, but in his defense, your "Think about it" tag more or less rendered your YES/NO question rhetorical. ;)
I wanted him to think about the sex of the victim before he answered. What if it was his son or that cub reporter that witnessed the manhandling. The question wasn't intended to be a rhetorical one, even though I didn't expect him to answer it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Potential violation of Federal Law revealed as ex-presidential wannabe Doofus carelessly flaps his gums on tv:

Ben Carson: I Didn’t Want To Endorse Trump, But He Promised Me A Position

They could have discussed a job for Carson in a potential Trump Administration. Trump may also have at some point asked Carson to endorse him. Both could have been entirely exclusive, although IMO, probably not.:D Just difficult to prove unless they admit it (Carson came close though) or have multiple witnesses, tape recording, video tape...lol. Carson only admitted discussing a job with Trump. And it was an apparent motivating factor for him to endorse Trump. That in itself isn't illegal on Carson's part and trouble proving against Trump.
This IMO happens a lot in politics.
Carson Backtracks: Trump and I ‘Did Not Discuss Any Quid Pro Quo’ for My Endorsement

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It's another unforced error, attributable to The Donald ... or those (now) associated with him.

Probably a safe bet that the former Ambien candidate will probably be kept at arm's length from here on out (because: loose cannon) ... and/or only trotted out when it serves some purpose.