The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Regarding his insult of Megyn Kelly. His phrase was something you don't usually hear-- Blood in her eyes, and wherever.(paraphrase)A vaguely worded statement
Yeah, it was "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.".

When I first heard it, I took it as Trump meaning that she was going for blood.(attacking him with sexist question)
Or she had fire in her eyes.(blood)You could see it in her eyes.
'Or wherever' --such as ears,nose.
Pretty much. It was a loose reference to the idiom "bleeding from the eyes" which gets used a couple of different ways. "I read so long my eyes were bleeding," and "The Staff Sergeant made us do push-ups until our eyes were bleeding," is one way, which is to describe an awful or unpleasant thing sometimes to describing is as being more appealing than whatever they're tying to get out of. "Long-hand division? I'd rather my eyes bleed." It's like how many people use "I'd rather have a root canal than sit in a truck with you 24.7." The other way the idiom gets used is for the fired up thing. So fired up the blood is boiling and coming out of every orifice. The "coming out of wherever" moves it to that version of the idiom, where she was so fired up blood was coming out of her eyes, ears, nose and throat.

It didn't occur that some would take it as a hormonal reference.
IMO, there's some phony outrage out there regarding this.
People don't even have to try all that hard to be offended anymore, they're offended by pretty much anything. As blunt as Trump is, if he wanted to make a hormonal reference, it wouldn't by anywhere near as veiled and oblique as "blood coming out of wherever," he'd have just said straight-up, "She was on the rag."

Reactions: RoadTime and muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks for the insight. I wasn't familiar with the 'bleeding from the eyes' phrase.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nice logo. Strikes a patriotic theme. Suggestive of the Minuteman image from the Revolutionary era.
Somebody from Michigan made it. I can't recall who. I happened to notice it on twitter and copied it.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The GOP will most likely Push for Another Bush whom is a Piece of Crap. Jeb did say the truth when he did knife his dad and brother by saying we should have never went into Iraq that Is correct. The rest of the BS is just that BS. Far as the rest of the GOP they stink. Vampires they are. The same with Hillary she already ran the white House for 8 years some say oh that was the money making years. Really Do tell... Something for you Why on Bills desk as President was there a Pic of him in at the white house shaking hands with then JF? During water Gate how did Hillary get her Pic in that. One Last one OBAMA how is it he is related to the Bush Family. Turtle can you please clarify this as Wikimedia could be story telling. HMMM Oh Shoot No one asked me to rant so before anyone asked where I am I still HERE !!!! OH Say CAN YOU SEE!!!! 1891171_648151998604958_7998990470877862217_n.jpg

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've been saying just that for a while now. The GOP just has to play it's cards right.

The political media and pundits are obsessed with Trump. Probably because he doesn't follow their playbook, doesn't court their favor nor bow to their altar. Trump isn't subject to the media's whims. He is somewhat outside their control and this is most objectionable. The media lose a certain amount of relevance and power over the process with a candidate like Trump. American media jealously guards its power. That's why we see CNN and MSNBC coming to Megyn Kelly's defense. Trump represents a threat to the status quo.

Cant be controlled drove that spike home Here !! YUPPER. 10947299_10153077471458638_6445371128093212630_n.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks for the insight. I wasn't familiar with the 'bleeding from the eyes' phrase.
I don't think it's used much here in America, but I've heard several people I know from Europe use it often.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If nothing else, Fox News is hopefully learning a lot from this first debate. Megyn Kelly bombed with her "look at me" act and was a misfit between the two professionals. In comparison, Martha McCallum was far superior as a moderator in the first debate, along with having a much more likeable personality; her career will likely reap the benefits in the near future. On the other hand - quoting my liberal wife: "Kelly reminds me of the roommate I had my freshman year in college that I couldn't stand". However, to Kelly's defense the O'Donnell question probably wasn't hers and was totally irrelevant. Considering the vile and contemptuous remarks made by O'Donnell directed towards numerous conservatives, Trump was spot on in targeting her as the ignorant liberal mouthpiece she is. The initial questions especially should have been more substantive instead of being structured to pit one candidate against the other. Trump should have been treated equally as one of 10 instead #1 of 10.

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If nothing else, Fox News is hopefully learning a lot from this first debate. Megyn Kelly bombed with her "look at me" act and was a misfit between the two professionals. In comparison, Martha McCallum was far superior as a moderator in the first debate, along with having a much more likeable personality; her career will likely reap the benefits in the near future. On the other hand - quoting my liberal wife: "Kelly reminds me of the roommate I had my freshman year in college that I couldn't stand". However, to Kelly's defense the O'Donnell question probably wasn't hers and was totally irrelevant. Considering the vile and contemptuous remarks made by O'Donnell directed towards numerous conservatives, Trump was spot on in targeting her as the ignorant liberal mouthpiece she is. The initial questions especially should have been more substantive instead of being structured to pit one candidate against the other. Trump should have been treated equally as one of 10 instead #1 of 10.

It makes no difference how many "vile and contemptuous" remarks O'Donnell made - she isn't running for POTUS, and the guy who is proved by his responses to her [and by his Twittering after the debate, in case it wasn't clear enough] that he is unfit to be elected dogcatcher.
Does it not occur to you [guys] that a POTUS must deal with heads of state, many of whom happen to be women, and they might "offend" him as much as O'Donnell?

Reactions: Ragman

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't think it's used much here in America, but I've heard several people I know from Europe use it often.

When Trump said "bleeding from her eyes and her whatever", it sounded to me like "whatever" was an anatomical feature he couldn't think of an acceptable term for, right off the top of his head.

Reactions: xiggi

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It makes no difference how many "vile and contemptuous" remarks O'Donnell made - she isn't running for POTUS, and the guy who is proved by his responses to her [and by his Twittering after the debate, in case it wasn't clear enough] that he is unfit to be elected dogcatcher.
At the time of the Rosie thing he wasn't running for public office either. This was a case of two mediocre TV personalities having a spat and attracting attention to themselves. Trump's presidential candidacy will likely flame out as we get further into the primaries; it's only an exercise in self promotion. I agree that he's not presidential material, and that will become more evident as we get further into the primary process. In spite of his crass behavior there will likely be a core of low-info followers that will stick with Trump. This will give him enough leverage to extract a bunch of political favors from the GOP to keep him from running as a 3d party candidate.
Does it not occur to you [guys] that a POTUS must deal with heads of state, many of whom happen to be women, and they might "offend" him as much as O'Donnell?
No - it has never occurred to me that someone like Angela Merkel or any other female head of state would be as ignorant, undignified and personally offensive as Rosie O'Donnell.

Reactions: Turtle and davekc

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump said something very similar about Chris Wallace in the same interview -- Blood pouring out of his eyes. It's in the video around the 4:55 mark. Not much outrage about his comment to Wallace. Is this more about some in the GOP using the 'wherever' statement and applying it in the worst possible way just to try to marginalized Trump? Megyn Kelly is generally liked by conservatives, but there seems to be political posturing by some to rally around and come to the aid of the professional news woman, who was somehow mistreated. Disingenuous and a bit sexist in its own right.
She was even invited to speak at Erick Erickson's event in place of Trump. I kid you not. Curious how Megyn Kelly feels about all of this.

The video is in link:
http://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-wallace-had-blood-coming-out-of-their-eyes/

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
SO THE FOX IS CALLING OUT THE FOX WHO IS THE REAL FOX THE TRUMPSTER OR FOX NEWS. TRUTHFULLY NOW. OH SAY CAN YOU SEE. I AM STILL THERE. YUP. MOST LIKELY BUSH AND HILLARY BECASUSE ITS THE BUSH VS THE CLINTONS ROUND 2.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Trump said something very similar about Chris Wallace in the same interview -- Blood pouring out of his eyes. It's in the video around the 4:55 mark. Not much outrage about his comment to Wallace. Is this more about some in the GOP using the 'wherever' statement and applying it in the worst possible way just to try to marginalized Trump? Megyn Kelly is generally liked by conservatives, but there seems to be political posturing by some to rally around and come to the aid of the professional news woman, who was somehow mistreated. Disingenuous and a bit sexist in its own right.
She was even invited to speak at Erick Erickson's event in place of Trump. I kid you not. Curious how Megyn Kelly feels about all of this.

The video is in link:
http://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-wallace-had-blood-coming-out-of-their-eyes/

If he'd said there was blood coming from her eyes, and stopped right there, no problemo. However, in the immortal words of Alice Cooper: "Only women bleed" from their 'wherever', and that put it so far out of bounds it's in another galaxy.
I don't believe anyone is coming to the aid of Megyn Kelly as much as denouncing Trump for the crassmaster he enjoys being. Kelly's question was perfectly legit: he has insulted women other than O'Donnell, repeatedly, and that would certainly be ammunition against him. As if any more were needed.....:rolleyes:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If he'd said there was blood coming from her eyes, and stopped right there, no problemo. However, in the immortal words of Alice Cooper: "Only women bleed" from their 'wherever', and that put it so far out of bounds it's in another galaxy.
I don't believe anyone is coming to the aid of Megyn Kelly as much as denouncing Trump for the crassmaster he enjoys being. Kelly's question was perfectly legit: he has insulted women other than O'Donnell, repeatedly, and that would certainly be ammunition against him. As if any more were needed.....:rolleyes:
If he actually made a hormonal insult then yes, it's way out of bounds. But it's not clear he was referring to that.
Yeah, I think there is a little bit of white knight going on. I mean, Erickson invited her to speak in place of Trump AT A CANDIDATE FORUM.
Other candidates are suddenly Megyn Kelly fans.
Carly Fiorina has also said that she 'stands with Megyn'.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If he actually made a hormonal insult then yes, it's way out of bounds. But it's not clear he was referring to that.
Yeah, I think there is a little bit of white knight going on. I mean, Erickson invited her to speak in place of Trump AT A CANDIDATE FORUM.
Other candidates are suddenly Megyn Kelly fans.
Carly Fiorina has also said that she 'stands with Megyn'.

I don't 'stand with Megyn' - anyone who faces off with Trump knows what the risks are. But it's difficult to believe he meant anything else, given his history of publicly disrespecting people, and it's not just O'Donnell. It's everyone who annoys him.
His many, MANY tweets afterward, all some variation of "I won!" only underscore how classless and clueless he is. He's not worth the effort to even consider any longer.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
... Does it not occur to you [guys] that a POTUS must deal with heads of state, many of whom happen to be women, and they might "offend" him as much as O'Donnell?
Sure it does ... but then some think that the "US" in POTUS stands for United States of Kickin' Azz ....

lol ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But it's difficult to believe he meant anything else, given his history of publicly disrespecting people, and it's not just O'Donnell.
That's why I'm having trouble understanding why you find it so difficult to believe he meant anything else (other than a female body part reference - who came up with that silly "hormonal reference," anyway?). Throughout his entire history of publicly disrespecting people, he's never done so in such a veiled and non-specific, open-to-interpretation manner. Plus, the narrative you're giving us here is that he disrespected Rosie O'Donnell, but you're either leaving out of forgetting that his 'disrespect' was a direct response to where she started it, by publicly criticizing and mocking him on The View. Prior to that he had never said a disparaging word about O'Donnell. But his response wasn't a veiled metaphor open to interpretation, he didn't mince words by calling her a "whatever," he just straight-up called her a "big fat pig."

He rarely attacks anyone until they've attacked him first. And when responds, he's purposefully blunt, to be shocking. "Whatever" is hardly blunt. So, given his history of "disrespecting" people, and the manner in which he "disrespects" them. why on Earth would you even think he mean it as a female body part reference in the first place, much less why you can't believe he didn't meant in in that manner? There's simply no foundation to believe that he meant it in some sexist, female body part way.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That's why I'm having trouble understanding why you find it so difficult to believe he meant anything else (other than a female body part reference - who came up with that silly "hormonal reference," anyway?). ...
Might be his inherently crude nature ...

Apparently an idea of what he might be referring to was perceived by a number of folks ... conservatives even ...:

The Most Interesting Thing About Trump's Statements Today

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oh, the ease at which people can get offended knows no political party line, that's for sure. Those who enjoy being offended are gonna hang onto that "idea" of what he "might be" referring to and run with it. It will no linger be an "idea" or a "might be," it will, in their minds, become a de facto certainty. To many, it already is. There's no doubt, no room for differing inferences, "wherever" now means something entirely different than it did last week.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to refrain from making jokes about Megyn Kelly's wherever?