The Trump Card...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
With 36 days until Present Trump becomes a reality. Let us reflect on the beginning of this historic presidential thread journey :pokepoke:

That dude has no chance on winning anyways.
Now the looney bin is full

More than likely it's just another publicity stunt. I wonder how well it would go if he really went for it.

Never happen he is trying to get the republican nomination according to WAVY NEWS 10.

It's hard to take this guy seriously when he starts his campaign making statements like this about a potential running mate:

"I think Oprah would be great. I'd love to have Oprah," Trump told ABC News. "I think we'd win easily, actually."

He also claims to be running as a conservative Republican.:rolleyes:

He speaks his mind because he has no chance of being elected. It's about showmanship and keeping the Trump name out there. If he was a serious contender he would choose his words much more carefully.

He's a douchebag who likes to fleece the rubes.

He's not a serious candidate ... though he'll probably try to stick around long enough to get in some of the debates.

You've got a choice way of telling them to ear their words! Lol

Reactions: muttly and RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You've got a choice way of telling them to eat their words! Lol

Just a little friendly poking ;)
Even I jumped ship for Gary Johnson after Trump mocked that reporter. But in the end, I came back. And glad I did :)

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Mocking that reporter was really bad. In addition to the reporter, I think he owes the entire country an apology for that one.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow. The Libturd doesn't fall far from the Libturd Tree.

I admit I knew very little about Christine Pelosi until I watched this video. Now I'm having deja vu flashbacks. Gets asked a simple, straighforward question, can't give an answer. She wants the Russian Hack Attack investigation declassified, so she can read it and find out what's in it.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is a riot.
It's a bunch of celebrities (some considerably more celebratory than others) pleading, begging, almost crying, trying to convince the Electors to vote for somebody, anybody other than Trump. (What they should be crying over is Loretta Swit's horrific cosmetic surgery escapades, but I digress).

But what's so funny is, the ratio of "dislikes" to "likes," and in true liberal censorship fashion, they disabled comments on the video, so that nobody can disagree with them. It's just pathetic and sad.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Clintons still have a chance. If they can identify and payoff or eliminate some of the Electors. it ain't over until Rosie O'Odonnell sings Hail To The Chief.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most of those people are or were actors. Someone gives them a few lines to read, they read the lines. They don't know what they read, other than a bunch of words.

Its amazing and sad as to the lengths these people will go, ostensibly to save the Constitution and the democratic process.

Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gets asked a simple, straighforward question, can't give an answer. She wants the Russian Hack Attack investigation declassified, so she can read it and find out what's in it.
Pelosi does have a point. She can't answer the question until she reads the classified information. She knows the odds of that happening are slim. She can still sow the seed of doubt just by asking and being refused access to classified info. Her ultimate goal is to get enough Electors to change their vote even if she won't admit to that.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is a riot.
It's a bunch of celebrities (some considerably more celebratory than others) pleading, begging, almost crying, trying to convince the Electors to vote for somebody, anybody other than Trump. (What they should be crying over is Loretta Swit's horrific cosmetic surgery escapades, but I digress).

But what's so funny is, the ratio of "dislikes" to "likes," and in true liberal censorship fashion, they disabled comments on the video, so that nobody can disagree with them. It's just pathetic and sad.

Wow, what a nauseating message from bubble land.
Speaking of bubbles....

"You know, it just goes to show you that people aren't listening to that anyway, They might buy your CD or watch your movie, but you don't put food on their table. You don't pay their bills. A lot of Hollywood is living in a bubble. They're pretty out of touch with the common person, the everyday guy out there providing for their family."
----actor Mark Wahlberg

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Turtle

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It is highly unlikely that the electors will vote against Trump in sufficient numbers to alter the expected outcome. And even if they did, there is no majority candidate likely to be elected. If enough electors defected, the vote would go to the House of Representatives where the Trump election would be almost certainly assured. The present talk about electors is much ado about nothing. I fully expect Trump to be sworn in as president in January.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
In 1992, when Ross Perot was a candidate for president, I jumped on board. When our state organization was asked by the State of Minnesota to name electors, I was one of ten so named.

It later developed that Perot dropped out of the race and later returned. That turned me off to Perot and everyone knew it. Yet I remained an elector and there would have been no way to change that had Perot carried the state. The remaining Perot supporters were deeply concerned about how I might cast my electoral vote if it came to that (it never did because Perot finished a distant third).

Had it come to that, I would have voted for Perot, even though I no longer wanted him to be president. I would have done so because I felt duty bound to cast that vote in the way the people who named me elector wanted me to. I did not view it as my electoral vote. I viewed it as a vote that belonged to the people who named me as an elector. It did not matter what I thought. It mattered what they thought.

Additionally, I was specifically named as a Perot elector. While I may have technically had the freedom to cast my vote in any way, it would have been difficult to escape the plain fact that I was named by the Perot organization, and not by the general public. (Republican electors are named by the party. As an independent, Perot had no party so naming electors fell to the campaign organization.)

That mindset eliminated the need to further consider how I might cast my electoral vote. Additional consideration would have included my health and safety if I was to cast my vote against Perot. Some of Perot's most adamant supporters were certifiable nut cases. No rational Democrat or Republican would fault a Perot elector for voting for Perot. A whole lot of Perot supporters would fault a Perot elector for voting for someone else.

You may see a tiny handful of electors rise against Trump when they vote but the number will be very small. Many are bound by state laws to cast their votes in a certain way. Those who are free under the law to vote any way they wish are bound by party rules, ethical considerations, their future reputations in their communities and nut-case threats.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I did not view it as my electoral vote. I viewed it as a vote that belonged to the people who named me as an elector.
I think that's how most Electors view it. It's how I would. And it's how the two people I know who have been Electors viewed it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The Clintons still have a chance. If they can identify and payoff or eliminate some of the Electors. it ain't over until Rosie O'Odonnell sings Hail To The Chief.

Getting tougher for the Clintons. Donations are way down at the foundation. :D

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Getting tougher for the Clintons. Donations are way down at the foundation. :D

It's not about the Clintons any more. They are yesterday's news. Now it's about how long Trump can maintain the support of the Republicans that stand behind him for the moment. Many flip-flopped to get there. They can easily flip-flop back.

Trump viciously attacked many of the Republican elected office holders who are supporting him now. Resentments are festering as these office holders bide their time in the interests of claiming the presidency for the party.

Do not be surprised if you see them flip-flop again to impeach Trump and gain Pence -- one of their own -- as their standard bearer. These people inhabit and nurture the swamp Trump pledged to drain. Many of them have been doing that their entire adult lives. With insider Pence waiting in the wings, what reason do they have to keep outsider Trump around once the presidency is theirs and trusted Pence is in line to succeed him?

What reason do they have to keep an unpredictable, random-tweeting, Republican-attacking, voter-alienating, promise-breaking, self-contradicting, business-conflicted Trump in office when they can have the same policies and the same control of two branches of government with trusted-gentleman Pence?

Why would they want to continuously defend Trump when a Pence White House would allow them to complete a local newspaper interview without reference to the latest tweet? Why should they keep Trump around when Pence would free them to campaign for reelection back home without their opponent trying to win by linking them to some of Trump's ill-advised, acts?

Pence is a saint compared to Trump. Why would Republican representatives and senators choose to defend a sinner when they can keep all the power and run with a saint? The day Trump is sworn into office is the day he becomes the most dispensable Republican in the party.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman and Moot