the straight truck club

vazauto10

Active Expediter
Hello,

Any advice in buying a used 2007 Freightliner M2 - 106.
Cat. C9 335hp

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
The least I would do is insist on a Maintenance record, and the printout from the trucks ICM, Computer, find out if any of the Injectors have been replaced, if its EGR has it been replaced, has the turbo been replaced, any recalls that might have been done have they been taken care of or serviced....The printout will tell you the actual engine hours, fuel its used, how much idiling, etc, also if theres any engine needs, get the complete printout.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Haven't seen any post from Morning star lately. Is she still with us?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm thinking this biz was a bit too deep for the star. I'd guess she recently hooked up with an astute Carrier that didn't have time for foolishness.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Starting the first week of Sept I will be working for DMW Expedite...any body work there, know any good news, or bad news, seems like a good company.....

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
JD Clark was a good company, and still is, I moved closer to home, Working out of Nashville is allot easier for me, I enjoyed working for John and crew , I wish them well and look forward to a job that gets me home to take care of my Mom allot more....Ill recommend JD Clark to anyone, DMW expedite has me working out of Nashville where I have a HouseBoat and can be home on my routes several times a week.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Looking forward to being back on the road after an extended period home, Monday is the first full day out and I hope to see some of you and meet in person somewhere OUT THERE...Ill be running 48 and Canada now that I have my passport card...come February the new truck will be ordered...

Kristi

Active Expediter
Hey everyone :) just hanging out at home. Same old same old. Still on the hunt for a job. Got plenty of applications out there. Someone's bound to call sooner or later...lol

Hope everyone is having a good week...

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
SO FAR SO GOOD ON THE NEW COMPANY, Ive met the owner and a very nice guy, very interested in what drivers think and need, takes excellent care of trucks and drivers and demands we keep it clean, my truck is a 2007 Freightliner thats got the larger Mercedes diesel, only 117,000 miles on her, she runs great, has all the expediter options, rear dollys,swing doors, nice sleeper, Inverters, micro,fridge...all included...ran out to St Paul and got excellent fuel mileage and its not turned down or limited.....I THINK ILL LIKE THIS JOB....Hope everyone has a great week

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Pearl....think we have that same Merc engine in the 07 Freightliner. If so, she's a good one...... if you can keep the peripherals intact.

That 5th gear is nice and "Old Ruth" as I call her.....will do you well on the inclines. Good luck!