The soapbox summed up in 2:20

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Okay seriously, did this woman have a few of you as students?

In all seriousness though listen to this woman, listen carefully, in all her craziness this is what a few of you sound like. What's more pathetic than this woman in my opinion is the first words out of Santorum's mouth is, "I'm not a sitting member of the Senate, so I'm not taking blame for any of that stuff." and never addresses the wild, batchit crazy conspiracies this woman just laid out in front of him. LMFAO.... what a douchebag.
This is some special kind of crazy right here.

Watch Santorum Field an Insane Question About Obama's Plot to Nuke S.C.
link: Watch Santorum Field an Insane Question About Obama's Plot to Nuke S.C.

A special thing happened last weekend at the South Carolina National Security Action Summit: Rick "We Will Never Have the Smart People on Our Side" Santorum met an American citizen who makes him look like a champion of reason.

During a Q&A session with the former senator and presidential candidate, a woman whose media diet evidently consists of right-wing radio, nutty email chains, and Alex Jones' Infowars gave a long-winded rant that starts with well-worn old horses like questioning Obama's American citizenship and ends with a reference to a conspiracy theory about the president's alleged plot to nuke Charleston, South Carolina. As the contents of her speech ascend higher and higher toward dizzying heights of paranoia, so does the shrieking tenor of her voice.

A representative excerpt:

Why is the Congress rolling over and letting this Communist dictator destroy my country? Y'all know what he is and I know what he is. I want him out of the White House; he's not a citizen; he could have been removed a long time ago...

Ted [Cruz?] told me I've got to wait for the next election. I don't think the country will be around for the next election. Obama tried to blow up a nuke in Charleston a few months ago! And the three admirals, and generals. He has totally destroyed our military. He's fired all the generals and all the admirals that said they wouldn't fire on the American people.

To which Santorum replies, never specifically addressing the nuke thing: "I'm not a sitting member of the Senate, so I'm not taking blame for any of that stuff."

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Knock yourself out.

Read your title again and the first sentence of your post. Instead of the personal attacks on members, why not title the thread relevant to the subject matter and leave at that?

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Other than the President's plot to nuke S.C., I'm pretty sure we've all heard the rest of her batchit crazy rant at different times throughout the years right here in the soapbox.

Oh man, I want to google the, "Obama's plot to nuke S.C." but i'm kind of afraid of what I'll find.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
On what basis ?
His holier than thou, oh so superior insult to those that participate in the Soapbox. Instead of starting a thread about some random crazy lady and Rick Santorum, he made the subject be that the Soapbox, and those who participate in it (that presumably voice opinions in which Witness disagrees with) is like this lady: crazy, batchit crazy, a special kind of crazy, a douchebag, wild, right-wing fringe, paranoid, pathetic, and shrieks-a-lot.

The video itself, and it's title, and the accompanying story at the link provided, all managed to make the salient point without twisting it into something to be used as ammunition to insult every participant in the Soapbox. If he'd have just used "...right there" in the wrap-up it would have at least left some wiggle room that the post was humor not intended to insult, but immediately after being informed that I and everyone who posts in the forums is a batcrap crazy douchebag, it's reinforced with, "This is some special kind of crazy right here," and removes any room to wiggle.

Starting such a thread and insulting everyone like that is extraordinarily stupid for someone who has been warned that if they make another post that is confrontational or that insults EO members that they'll be banned for a really, REALLY long time.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Although I'd agree that the phrasing of the thread wasn't the most accurate, I didn't find the post itself to be insulting at all ... nor did I see that it was meant to apply to all members who frequent The Soapbox ... to wit:

Okay seriously, did this woman have a few of you as students?

In all seriousness though listen to this woman, listen carefully, in all her craziness this is what a few of you sound like.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
His holier than thou, oh so superior insult to those that participate in the Soapbox. Instead of starting a thread about some random crazy lady and Rick Santorum, he made the subject be that the Soapbox, and those who participate in it (that presumably voice opinions in which Witness disagrees with) is like this lady: crazy, batchit crazy, a special kind of crazy, a douchebag, wild, right-wing fringe, paranoid, pathetic, and shrieks-a-lot.

The video itself, and it's title, and the accompanying story at the link provided, all managed to make the salient point without twisting it into something to be used as ammunition to insult every participant in the Soapbox. If he'd have just used "...right there" in the wrap-up it would have at least left some wiggle room that the post was humor not intended to insult, but immediately after being informed that I and everyone who posts in the forums is a batcrap crazy douchebag, it's reinforced with, "This is some special kind of crazy right here," and removes any room to wiggle.

Starting such a thread and insulting everyone like that is extraordinarily stupid for someone who has been warned that if they make another post that is confrontational or that insults EO members that they'll be banned for a really, REALLY long time.

Oh turtle, you silly boy you.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Although I'd agree that the phrasing of the thread wasn't the most accurate, I didn't find the post itself to be insulting at all ... nor did I see that it was meant to apply to all members who frequent The Soapbox ... to wit:
I don't know that anyone said the phrasing of the thread was inaccurate. The subject of the thread is what it is.

Whether it was insulting (at all) or not is mostly debated in the reported posts.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe the batchit crazy members of the forum don't consider it an insult to be compared to that woman.

If some of the batchit crazy members would like to respond as to whether they are insulted or proud to be compared to that woman that would be helpful.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The second line of the OP begins with "In all seriousness, this is what a few of you sound like" which negates the accusation that it insulted everyone on the Soapbox. As for insulting, if those who post batsh*t crazy articles & contentions [what you characterize as "those you disagree with" as if no one else does] are insulted because they believe it's about them, whose fault is that?
There are numerous examples of the coy, passive aggressive tactic of not specifically naming the person/s an insulting remark is directed at that get zero attention [from the Mods] or rebuke, which makes this singling out unfair, IMO. Especially when some can say "You're clueless" directly, and no one even squeaks in protest.