The Nut-and-Yahoo Really Is Crazy Thread

witness23

Veteran Expediter
First off, great information Rlent.

Second, this has been a question on my mind for quite some time.

Are the "far-right" politicians here in the states taking a page out of Israel's book or is Israel taking a page out of the "far-right's" playbook? Because I'm having a hard time differentiating between the two, especially of late.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Sorry for the delay in replying.

First off, great information Rlent.
Glad you found it to be interesting or of some value.

Second, this has been a question on my mind for quite some time.

Are the "far-right" politicians here in the states taking a page out of Israel's book or is Israel taking a page out of the "far-right's" playbook? Because I'm having a hard time differentiating between the two, especially of late.
There is a nexus there to be sure ... one that goes back quite a ways:

Netanyahu aide Ron Dermer brings American sensibilities to Israeli politics | Israel | Jewish Journal

Romney brags he's got Netanyahu's campaign consultants (and he'll shoot you before telling their secrets)

Israel campaign in the hands of America's top spin doctors | j. the Jewish news weekly of Northern California

But it even goes beyond that - with the adoption of more aggressive and intrusive TSA techniques for airport screening modeled after what exists in the Israeli police-state:

TSA Launches Israel-Style Behavior Profiling Program Called 'SPOT' || Jaunted

TSA testing Israeli-style screening program in Boston « Hot Air

And a whole host of other stuff (warning: the PDF is 7 megabyte download):

U.S.-ISRAEL HOMELAND SECURITY COOPERATION - AIPAC

If you want your country to be a police-state, Israelis are the go-to guys - they're already done it there and seem to just love it ... I'm sure they would be only too happy to help the TPB implement it here.

After all, misery loves company ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The non-stealth Bibi:

Sellers_pinkpanther7.jpg

The Prime Minister’s Office was insistent that Bismuth’s efforts be kept from the public eye. “In light of the sensitivity of the matter and the involvement with sensitive international issues, we ask that the details of this correspondence be kept secret and not be publicized.”

Netanyahu wanted to appoint journalist to expel African migrants | The Times of Israel

#whoops

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Caption contest:

BcCRvqeIIAAUY0M.jpg:large

"Hahaha! Holy cow, I forgot we killed that guy!"

“Oh ... it's not a romance novel?"

"I love the smell of occupation in the morning."

"aha haaaa...look honey, I get a mention....but what does
he mean by 'systematic' and 'discrimination'?"

"473 pages including notes - I won't see Sara for days!"

He's smiling now, just wait till he realizes this isn't Gladwell's book.

"Will this laugh continue till the end of reading the book?"