The notorious quote of the day

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
"Refusing to accept the earth as our sacred mother, these Christians have become a dangerous threat to the survival of humanity. They are the blight on the environment and to believe in Bible prophecy is unforgivable."

--VP Al Gore, in his book
EARTH IN BALANCE, p.342

Trucker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-00 AT 03:55PM (EDT)[/font][p]Al Gore and people like him are one of the biggest threats to our country and liberties, the American people had better wake up!!!!!!! If Gore gets in the White House; you think diesel prices are high now??!! also, regulations on trucks and drivers are too much??!!!!

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Algore's "Global Marshall Plan" will require companies emitting carbon dioxide to pay into a "trust fund" from which money may be drawn for the purchase of long-life light bulbs and environmentally happy products .
(pp. 349-350)
--VP Algore, in his book
EARTH IN BALANCE, p.342

Carbon dioxide - Because our trucks emit carbon dioxide, we will pay into uncle Algore's "trust fund".

In pushing the recycling message (the earth will be "saved" by works), Algore forgets that recycling of some products takes more energy than producing new material.

Requiring auto makers to build only cars averaging 45 mpg is another of his brilliant ideas. Why 45? Wouldn't 44 be better? or 34? Why, it would be better if no one ever drove again! We could go back to the Garden!

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Algore's book, "Earth in the Balance -- Ecology and the Human Spirit" is so filled with religious terminology, one wonders how the government could possibly implement his plan without an outcry that it is an intrusion of the state into religion. Terms like: "mission," "save," "heretical," "moral," "spirit," "sacred," "spiritual sense of our place in nature," "precinct of the disembodied intellect," "earth goddess," "this belief system," etc. are sprinkled throughout the text.

Algore presumptuously assumes for himself the authority to instruct on matters clearly outside his realm of expertise. He pretends to have training in theology, philosophy, science and history. Yet he errs. So when he offers environmental answers to economic and sociological problems, one cannot help but question his conclusions. When the foundation is cracked, the edifice falls.

Algore arrogantly criticizes ministers for their noninvolvement in environmental affairs. (pp. 245-248) Yet he quotes "the great universalist religions" of the East (pp. 21): "We cannot segregate the human heart from the environment ... Man is organic with the world" (from the Baha'i religion).

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-00 AT 02:12PM (EDT)[/font][p]Algore Quotes:

"If I was the parent of a child who went to an inner-city school that was failing, I might be for vouchers, too."
(Boston Globe editorial by George F. Will, 8/31/00)
·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>
"And I will not go along with any plan that would drain taxpayer money away from our public schools and give it to private schools in the form of vouchers."
(Speech to the Democratic National Convention, 8/18/00)

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-00 AT 01:37PM (EDT)[/font][p]"It's not just about more money. It's about higher standards, accountability -- new ideas.
·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>
But we can't do it without new resources. I will invest far more in our schools -- in the long-run, a second-class education always costs more than a first-class education."
(Algore's speech to the Democratic National Convention 8/18/00)