The New FedEx CC Load Board

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I rarely check out the load board because the rates are quite a bit lower then if I just wait for a normal WG dispatch but if anyone is interested I noted the first 12 loads on the board 5 min ago. I will give the state to state miles and rate as an example. oh-on 307mi 700.14, va-md 101mi 373.15, sc-sc 76mi 273.36, wi-il 173mi 357.18, ny-pa 338mi 619.32, fl-va 744mi 1147.00, ny-ny 251mi 743.10 ok-co 651mi 991.26, tx-la 474mi 833.67, ny-nc 632mi 1112.73, nm-ca 914mi1352.06, ca-nv 564mi 879.88
I run solo in N Calif and try to stay in this area. I have run 2 loads off the load board in the past that paid decent.

Good bad or indifferent, it is a reflection of where rates are at. That is why I don't fall for the 1.05 and 1.10 linehaul loads that had appeared earlier in the year from a handful of carriers. No reason to be booking bargain loads.

jackdixon_2000

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I run a CR unit so i see the C loads. Also, the loads I posted are the ones that are not fast movers. The more desireable loads are scooped up by the people closely monitoring the load board (such as fleet owners or a codriver staying online) Once the load appears and someone hits the accept it disappears.

Reactions: davekc

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The load board really didnt help us much today. One truck out of eight trucks in service on a load. Don't get me wrong as I think it a great thing, meaning the load board. Our trucks seem to be hitting a funk since last Friday.

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
My thoughts are that a large Fleet owner would be able to have someone monitor the boards and help keep there trucks loaded. On the down side will we be seeing solo drivers with IPads velcroed to there steering wheels trying to monitor the load board and drive at the same time?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
My thoughts are that a large Fleet owner would be able to have someone monitor the boards and help keep there trucks loaded. On the down side will we be seeing solo drivers with IPads velcroed to there steering wheels trying to monitor the load board and drive at the same time?

A thought to ponder.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
We do have someone watching the board plus our drivers are also watching it. Today our trucks just seem to be in the wrong areas. Some good freight was on the boards, just not around our trucks or we couldn't make the pickup on time. You have bad days sometimes even as a small fleet.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
They better not get caught doing that. It's a one year ban from FedEx for messing with a phone when driving.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We've seen two posts providing hard data from the load board. One was posted by Bruno:

All miles: 1,609. Total Pay: $2,183.50. Pay per mile all miles: $1.36

Jack Dixon showed 11 loads off the board, loaded miles only. In more readable form, the numbers are:

loadboard.PNG

While Dixon's number are helpful, they do not tell the full story because the deadhead miles and pay cannot be known without the location of the accepting truck also being known. If someone familiar with the FedEX deadhead pay cares to provide typical deadhead pay, I can add a column to show the effect of a hypothetical DH distance on the total run.

Question: Does the pay shown above include fuel surcharge or does fuel surcharge need to be added?

CedarMike

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
Please Put the notes in there so we all can see them not just the Dispatchers. Get excited about a load and find out no Reefers but its not in the notes we see. . Only in the Dispatchers notes. Also since a tool for us we E ought to be able to see and accept the D and C loads as well. HMM.
I see notes and I can filter in C and D unit loads

CedarMike

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
We've seen two posts providing hard data from the load board. One was posted by Bruno:

All miles: 1,609. Total Pay: $2,183.50. Pay per mile all miles: $1.36

Jack Dixon showed 11 loads off the board, loaded miles only. In more readable form, the numbers are:

View attachment 13777

While Dixon's number are helpful, they do not tell the full story because the deadhead miles and pay cannot be known without the location of the accepting truck also being known. If someone familiar with the FedEX deadhead pay cares to provide typical deadhead pay, I can add a column to show the effect of a hypothetical DH distance on the total run.

Question: Does the pay shown above include fuel surcharge or does fuel surcharge need to be added?

That's not including dead head I believe . If I get a load call then all miles are authorized . Example / I'm en route to Denver from Albuquerque , 450 m all DHPU paid , then 800 miles and change loaded at SE rate of 1.50 plus FSC to Ft Worth so 1250 miles @ 1950$ , averaging 1.58 all miles and 1.65 per loaded mile. If I accepted it off the LB only the first 150 DHPU are paid . First load call this morning was out of Cali with over 600 DHPU all paid on a load to SLC but I was out bid. On this Ft Worth dispatch told me I was the only truck to receive the load call . Don't know why

CedarMike

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
Sounds like it is speed to grab them?
It calculates to the tenth of a second FCFS then filters out unqualified or too far away . I have text notifications set up so I don't have to stare at my IPAD all day

ATeam

Retired Expediter
... If I get a load call then all miles are authorized. ...If I accepted it off the LB only the first 150 DHPU are paid....

So you get DH all miles if they call you to cover the load but limited DH if you accept the very same load off the board? If so, that's a brilliant stroke by the carrier. Why pay full deadhead if you don't have to? Put the load on the board first to see if someone will take it with limited deadhead. If not, offer full deadhead and get on the phone to cover the load.

How much do your operating expenses decline if you use the load board to accept a load?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If the DH is paid differently load board verses a dispatch, I would see that to a carriers advantage and a detriment to the operator. Not sure it is a win unless you are going home or real close to the load. If one is going home and is in a isolated area, they likely would get the load out from under another truck just because they might be doing it cheaper? Might be wrong, just an observation with minimal information.