Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: Name That Gizmo!

Well, I would say urinal for the guys! Do they have girls model?? LOL

JJ

gump

Expert Expediter

Gizmos are like a box of chocolates,you never know what your gonna get.

actually youve heard of a jake brake,well that is called a jill brake.

the part on the top is called a catastrophic converter.

joker

Expert Expediter

At first glance i was sure it was a P P P, thats portable pi** pot but now i realize its a storage tank for a smoke grinder. :7

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

Joker, now you've started a new one for me. What the !@#% is a smoke grinder?????

Where ever you go, THERE YOU ARE!!!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Come on guys! All you drivers and No one knows? It's the new windshield washer fluid filler upper. The top is located in the cab of the truck right under the dash and the hose goes down under and into the washer bottle so you can fill up the washer fluid while your driving down the road.

If this isn’t the right answer, then I will go to the paten office and apply for it. This would be the perfect gadget for driving across the northeast in the winter.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

While we’re on the subject of smoke grinders, I need a new chopper for the one I have? Hey Joker do you know of anyone that is still carrying parts? Mine isn’t working properly. It’s not grinding the smoke right. When I try to form blocks of smoke, they are all falling apart and dissipating into the air.

Dkalasz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

actually the easier way for the washer fluid is tubeing small pump 12 v switch wet switch or a float setup <wet switch would be easier then just insert the tube in the the cab into the fresh gallon of washer fluid and click th switch < obviously in this damn cold from hell we have both been thinking along the same lines lol

Lostmarbles

Expert Expediter

Well, I think Freightchaser had a good point , it indeed looks to be a RANGE EXSTENDER but, I think the picture was posted upside down! It's a portable hair rinse/shower machine (12v) from Petro.com......on the other hand maybe it's a deisel fuel fume atomizer for the trucker that has problems sleeping at home? Also 12v from Petro.com.......if I only had a brain...~~~~~

Life is what happens to you while your busy makeing other plans.

Irishjim

Expert Expediter

Tony, I think you're on the right trail, but on the way to the Patent Office you had better give some thought to that nice blue color, considering your limited diet on the road.
PS. Does yellow and green still make blue???
Irishjim

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Ya know, ELMO, Curiosity killed the cat!!!!!!! x( x( x(

So how much longer are we going to have to wait to get the real deal on that GIZMO??????????????}> }> }>

Maybe you don't want to tell us yet, so give us another clue??????????

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This is Detroit's idea for their newest engine's which is designed to run on renewable resources. The contents of the container are added to the fuel tank. They are working on another version that will go directly from the sleeper cab into the tank as well as one that can be "attached" for use while driving. "The Gizmo" is gaining a great deal of attention from users of the "big gulp" as well as those drivers with 64 oz coffee mugs. The unions representing workers at the "Pickle Parks" have filed an injuction to stop the use of this new product, saying that the results will be in fewer people stopping at the rest stops, resulting in the lay offs of hundreds of workers whom are normally paid to (sleep) I mean work at the at the rest stop.

Drivers who choose to use the new fuel will be required to toss toilet bowl cleaner tablets up their exhaust pipes at least once a month.

jwmeyer

Expert Expediter
I like Teacel's idea. I think I'll have to buy one just to convert it to a washer fluid filler upper. Especially with all the calcium cloride they're using. And with deciding what to fill it with, does urine freeze?

binkleylane

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Actually this does have a name. A friend and I were in a bar after a long day on the road as salesmen in the Ohio area, and after a few beers the same old problem came to the forfront, ie. having to stop and find a place to relieve oneself. This was in the mid seventies and for those of you that dont know, stopping in a reststop in Ohio was not a good thing. Most were still primitive at best and few had running water. If the smell didnt get you the cleanliness would.

Anyway we decided we could invent a system that actually did look alot like the one pictured. We did not patent it or even carry forward the idea but we did develope a protype and name.

The pictured device is what we named a " Bladder Buddy ", friend to trucker and salesmen alike.

Glad to see someone else had the same idea, hope it sells.