The Garden Corner 2015

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Hard freeze coming in tonight..think I'm going to take some red solo cups and cover up my peppers! Tomatoes are still wrapped in a heavy guage plastic from the last freeze and look to be ok.

Reactions: vandriver2

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And it's a mud pit this morning after the rain, but my Yukon Gold spuds and dill are popping up...and those rows of shallots and leeks and white and red onions and garlic are like little soldiers saluting the sun! Should be able to get in to replant some cukes tomorrow.

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And it's a mud pit this morning after the rain, but my Yukon Gold spuds and dill are popping up...and those rows of shallots and leeks and white and red onions and garlic are like little soldiers saluting the sun! Should be able to get in to replant some cukes tomorrow.
Yum! Potatoe Salad with onion and garlic!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Went ahead and replanted cukes today although the Farmer's almanac said tomorrow was the day to do it..got the sprinkler going on the garden now!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Garden is starting to produce..had some green onions yesterday and they're really good! Tomatoes are starting to flower and so are the strawberries and the cabbages are starting to form heads!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice job Juju...... it has been over 15 years since we had a garden ....because alot of times it would get away (weeds) from us..
Always too busy with kids activities or working ... but I always respect someone that finds the time and determination to have a garden... even if I poke fun at You once in awhile....:D

Reactions: jujubeans

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Nice job Juju...... it has been over 15 years since we had a garden ....because alot of times it would get away (weeds) from us..
Always too busy with kids activities or working ... but I always respect someone that finds the time and determination to have a garden... even if I poke fun at You once in awhile....:D
Thanks Mark! Trust me the last couple of gardens I had before I got off the road I had more weeds than plants and they were totally overgrown.. I'm just grateful to Ken to be home to take care of it now.

Reactions: ntimevan