The Game

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If a driver says no to a Dispatch Opportunity and says no 3 times. Then the Dispatcher calls the OOP and then the OOP calls the Driver and tells him he should do it or he she will sit for days on end as the Consequence. So the driver takes it not to sit Tec. Thats a Forced Dispatch!

lhannah

Active Expediter
If a driver says no to a Dispatch Opportunity and says no 3 times. Then the Dispatcher calls the OOP and then the OOP calls the Driver and tells him he should do it or he she will sit for days on end as the Consequence. So the driver takes it not to sit Tec. Thats a Forced Dispatch!

that isn't forced dispatch.

your OOP needs the freight covered. they are just trying to make you realize it.

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Here ya go a Real Twister for ya have a nice day.

Attachments

• HWH 40 Exit 234 New Mexico Clines Cornors 8-17-2011.jpg
    HWH 40 Exit 234 New Mexico Clines Cornors 8-17-2011.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Turin Tornado.jpg
    Turin Tornado.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
that isn't forced dispatch.

your OOP needs the freight covered. they are just trying to make you realize it.

Threatening someone to either do what you say or they go broke gives little option. They could still say no or leave the company but these aren't as practical as the company paying enough for you to take the load in the first place, they bid it into the ground and put themselves in a bind not the driver.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Harrassment? has to be a 3 way win-you, co, customer, comes down to what is best for you're business. Sometimes one takes one for the team. then I put the ''remember me '' clause in. But if you have to pay them to take the load-you won't be in business long.

Forced dispatch ? I belive so. We are contractors-we pay our own bills and insurances-no benifits. usually those harrassment loads-don't pay in the 1st. place-going into the woods where it will cost you to come out. Ever notice one is never hounded to take a good paying load ?

alot of factors have to be weighed-where are you,will it get you to a better place, can you afford to take the hit, will you find me a better load to help compensate for this one, more money ? reward or punishment. we are independents-not compenators !!

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Pardon me. Did the driver say no to the same load three times. Or no to three separate loads consecutively?.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Everything is negotiable. I would have figured the miles to the next busy express center, added them to the offered load miles and come up with an amount I would do the run for. (All miles) Then the ball is in there court and they can decide if you covering the run is worth paying you what you think is fair for you to do that run.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
Tough position to be in for dispatch and driver. A good high volume customer calls in and needs help with a last minute load (after all expedite is last minute most of the time) and you the driver don't want to get stuck in BFE on a holiday weekend you could be spending with the family.

Only solution I can think of is dispatch should have tried to give this to an op domiciled close to where the load was delivering or charge the customer the dead head to send a driver close to home after they deliver. Always a challenge, but I feel both dispatch and the o/o need to work together and try to give that customer some solutions.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I make a counter offer, if they say no then I didn't refuse the load offer,but still end up at the bottom of the list,they all say no forced dispatch. I think they all lie

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Tough position to be in for dispatch and driver. A good high volume customer calls in and needs help with a last minute load (after all expedite is last minute most of the time) and you the driver don't want to get stuck in BFE on a holiday weekend you could be spending with the family.

Only solution I can think of is dispatch should have tried to give this to an op domiciled close to where the load was delivering or charge the customer the dead head to send a driver close to home after they deliver. Always a challenge, but I feel both dispatch and the o/o need to work together and try to give that customer some solutions.

But Vince, these clowns don't care about a good. good paying, high volumn customer......all they want is......good paying freight on their equipment all the time.....an, they don't care where ya get it. Mazing ain't it???

Monty

Expert Expediter
What is an OOP?

And yes, was the same load refused 3 times, or different freight?

Seems to me, if yer not in servive to haul freight, it may be time to place your unit out of service until you are?

Man, I love Landstar!

turritrans

Expert Expediter
X06col,

True some o/o dont see the big picture.

As I was thinking about this thread, another thing dispatch could have done is maybe see if another unit was heading that way that had room for the freight.

IMO it's is our job as the carrier to manage the customer relationships and provide the service required. Find the correct solution, just my .02 but perhaps something more could have been done by dispatch versus trying to ram this load down that driver's throat threatening loss of load opportunities. Hard to say without knowing all the details.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I got to thinking about the title, "The Game" ..... in my business I dont play "games", either the load offer is a sound business decision, or it is not.

How the carrier deals with it is of no concern to me. There are no penalties at Landstar, other than that particular agent may not call you again. And if he does not, so be it.

But most understand we are all businessmen, and as such, if it's not profitable, why would I haul it?

I have made it known to the agents I work with, if this is "inhouse" freight, (not a bid load from somewhere), and I am the only unit available from Landstar, I will haul it at any rate, to any place. Our freight is structured so as not to be a net loss. And the agents appreciate I will not allow their customer, (and conversly mine), to suffer.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
X06col,

True some o/o dont see the big picture.

As I was thinking about this thread, another thing dispatch could have done is maybe see if another unit was heading that way that had room for the freight.

IMO it's is our job as the carrier to manage the customer relationships and provide the service required. Find the correct solution, just my .02 but perhaps something more could have been done by dispatch versus trying to ram this load down that driver's throat threatening loss of load opportunities. Hard to say without knowing all the details.

I don't know about you, but.......I have a full plate getting my things done in a respectable manner. Don't have time to worry about someon elses dispatcher. Actually, if we don't make suggestions......all the better for us. I've tried making suggestions and ended up with the handle "cumrudgeon". So, i'll just let em sit in their own......

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Vince, i'm back out for a while this fall. Did 3 or 4 with ya last year. If the stars line up again i'll be ringing ya up.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But Vince, these clowns don't care about a good. good paying, high volumn customer......all they want is......good paying freight on their equipment all the time.....an, they don't care where ya get it. Mazing ain't it???

Wow, you open your mouth and the only thing that comes out is calling other EO members clowns.:cool:
You act like you know something, you imply you know something, but you never leave anything but disparaging remarks.
Sad very sad.:cool:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It appears the driver turned down the same load three times, then dispatch called the driver's fleet owner and talked the fleet owner into playing employer. There's the big picture, and then there's the big picture. Without knowing exactly what happened, it's hard to say.