The Blessing of the Trucks

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
For what its worth, I see nothing wrong with it and admire PreacherRich for making the suggestion. I may or may not be at the expo depending on a few things.

Preacher, I've had a little fun with this thread as others have. Please accept my apologies if you find any of it offensive. I "think" that most would be fine with the idea. We just cant pass up the opportunity to poke each other in the ribs a little when the opportunity presents itself.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Each year there are large gatherings of bikers that gather for the Blessing of the Bikes. Wouldn't it be cool at the Expo to have a short Blessing of the Trucks? Maybe right before the Cook Out or something? If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this done, this please let me know. I will help any way I can.

I'm hoping some holy water can be sprinkled on my Freightliner. I call him Fred and he is my Higher Power.

Besides, he needs a wash.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As long as your gonna back peddle you can apologize for taking a shot at me!

Hey MODS!!! Wait, one of them took a shot too...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Amazing. Someone posts about an idea that many believe in and hurts no one. No one is forced to participate in this event. Then people ridicule the man's beliefs. Be ashamed.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Amazing. Someone posts about an idea that many believe in and hurts no one. No one is forced to participate in this event. Then people ridicule the man's beliefs. Be ashamed.

You mean like the way you politicize every thread? (including one on classical music no less).
Try looking in the mirror.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If I were able to make expo I would, without a doubt, take part in that ceremony. Thank you for the offer PreacherRich.

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
For what its worth, I see nothing wrong with it and admire PreacherRich for making the suggestion. I may or may not be at the expo depending on a few things.

Preacher, I've had a little fun with this thread as others have. Please accept my apologies if you find any of it offensive. I "think" that most would be fine with the idea. We just cant pass up the opportunity to poke each other in the ribs a little when the opportunity presents itself.

Nah, my skin is pretty thick. If I was easily offended I would have stopped reading EO months ago. It's all good....:)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
mini.jpg

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Honestly, I didn't see where anyone ridiculed PreacherRich or his beliefs. Several of us, including me, saw an opportunity to get a chuckle or two out of a few things. But I didn't see anything directed toward Rich or his beliefs.

I do think we were guilty of hi-jacking his thread somewhat...and that's why I apologized.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Honestly, I didn't see where anyone ridiculed PreacherRich or his beliefs. Several of us, including me, saw an opportunity to get a chuckle or two out of a few things. But I didn't see anything directed toward Rich or his beliefs.

I do think we were guilty of hi-jacking his thread somewhat...and that's why I apologized.

IF some posts were not meant as ridicule and were not meant that way, I apologize. I, however, took SOME of them that way. I was not talking about anything you said. Hi-jacking is somewhat rude, ridicule of religious beliefs is wrong. In my mind I saw both. It is likely a perspective thing.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
IF some posts were not meant as ridicule and were not meant that way, I apologize. I, however, took SOME of them that way. I was not talking about anything you said. Hi-jacking is somewhat rude, ridicule of religious beliefs is wrong. In my mind I saw both. It is likely a perspective thing.

In some instances I think "hijacking" a thread is a good thing so that people are just having a regular conversation tossing around ideas and not starting a new thread to talk about something they saw or thought of in another thread. Just take a look at the thread I started about an "activist" group, it went down a few different paths and jokes were made but ultimately people gave their input. Now if someone has a question about a generator, wiring, or mechanical issue I don't think dangling testicles or Molotov Penistails would have a place in the thread.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In some instances I think "hijacking" a thread is a good thing so that people are just having a regular conversation tossing around ideas and not starting a new thread to talk about something they saw or thought of in another thread. Just take a look at the thread I started about an "activist" group, it went down a few different paths and jokes were made but ultimately people gave their input. Now if someone has a question about a generator, wiring, or mechanical issue I don't think dangling testicles or Molotov Penistails would have a place in the thread.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

What some sometimes call 'hijacking' is often just the normal 'ebb and flow' of normal conversation.

Making fun of a person's religious beliefs, however, is not a good thing. We should never accept that. There are some, in here and in the population in general, who make a living out of exactly that.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What some sometimes call 'hijacking' is often just the normal 'ebb and flow' of normal conversation.

Making fun of a person's religious beliefs, however, is not a good thing. We should never accept that. There are some, in here and in the population in general, who make a living out of exactly that.

So why don't you name who in this thread "ridiculed" the OP's beliefs?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So why don't you name who in this thread "ridiculed" the OP's beliefs?

Is it needed? Do you EVER not look to cause trouble with me? Why is that? You don't even know me. Must be an 'internet' thing. I understand, electricity makes you do it.