That Cricket cellphone

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Im on a quest to start looking at cellphones, I walked into a Cricket store and was impressed by their smartphone deals. I am currently a Vz customer for over 10 years and really dont have any complaints, but its good to look around and see what other companies offer... I will be going to Vz in a day or 2 and as best I can compare apples to apples from Cricket to a Vz plan and so far it appears that I can save about 12oo bucks a year switching to Cricket. Now and I repeat , I am not a guru of cellphones. But the dollar numbers at the moment and i say again, at the moment look good at Cricket.

Let us not get to complicated, but if anyone has any good feedback, Im all ears. Vz is a good company, but it appears I have been buying someones condo there,,if u know what I mean.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would check very closly on their coverge. A lot of the discount packagers have two maps, one for regular cell phones one for the smart phones and the ones.i have looked at are severly lacking.on the sp coverage.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From what I see you wont have the coverage you will with vz. I would keep both phones for a.month or two while you decide if permanent switch works for you. Let us know.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Cricket reception is terrible. I had it for a few months and went back to AT&T. Boost mobile is good and for every month you pay on time it knocks $5 off your bill until you get to $35 or $40 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Verizion is not cheap...you get what you pay for...I have VZ and I ALWAYS have signal....no signal = no loads...

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Verizon has the prepaid plan at Walmart unlimited everything for $50 a month AT&T also has the same one.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Verizon does have a pretty good prepaid network but check details. Roaming areas a free for postpaid not sure on prepaid it does need to be checked out. Even with the roaming issue aside it is a much better coverage than cricket.

The opening post did refer to smart phones does that rate apply there?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had a Virgin Mobile no contract plan for a while. They use the Sprint network. It was $35 a month for around 200 minutes, unlimited text and data (Internet). They have some nice Android powered phones too.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In this business, coverage and reliability are the key factors, no matter what the price!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I had a Virgin Mobile no contract plan for a while. They use the Sprint network. It was $35 a month for around 200 minutes, unlimited text and data (Internet). They have some nice Android powered phones too.

200 minutes a month isn't a lot when dealing with dispatch.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Verizon is worth the money, but like every other provider, they do have "dead zones". The expected ones like mountains and deserts. The unexpected ones like Jeff's house and my living room (though the kitchen is fine). Boost is good along main highways (and Jeff's house). More times than not on the road, where his Boost won't work, my Verizon will, such as the U.P. of Michigan and Eagle Pass, TX

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums