Thanks Giving

runningturttle

Seasoned Expediter
Again it is Thanks Giving time. I know that there are a lot of problems that make it a little difficult to find a reason to give thanks. Just thought I would list a few of the things I will be giving thanks for this Thanks Giving day. Thanks for all the wonderful drivers out there in the Expideted trucks. The ones that say hello at the truck stops and stop to chat. Thanks to the Stewart driver who stopped to lend a helping hand when I blew a steering tire in Texas at 70mph. Thanks to the Lord above for the Guardian Angle that laid a helping hand on the truck and kept us safe. Thanks for Tom and Steve and the others that make my job a good job and a good company to drive for. Thanks to all the boys over there that are keeping America safe and thanks to their families that are doing their part. I just wish they could be home for this Thanks Giving day. I know what they are going through, been there done that (Korea). So I have much to be thankfull for. How about you? Have a safe and GREAT THANKSGIVING each and all of you out there in expediting land.
Runningturttle

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nice thread, Runningturtle.
I am thankful this year for the health that allows me to be productive, the family that supports me in my efforts, the friends who encourage me, (and point out when I'm being an a**, too), the many faces of Expediters Online, who are always there when needed, and most especially, for two daughters who love me - that is the best feeling there is, and I'm thankful to enjoy it.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If all goes according to plan this coming Wednesday, Nov 21st, I will have a new Grandchild to love. My daughter in law in Boston is scheduled to give a great Thanksgiving present for which I will always be thankfull for.

tmbm

Seasoned Expediter
There are so many things I am thankful for, one is Thanksgiving Day. I get so wrapped up in the little annoyances of life, that I often forget to take the time to be thankful. I could go on and on, but I am most thankful for the Lord, his protective hand over me and all the blessings he gives me. My family, 2 grown boys that have blessed me with 3 beautiful granddaughters that I adore more than I ever imagined. The rest of my family, parents, siblings, neices and nephews, as messed up as they can be at times, but can't imagine not having any of them in my life. My 86 yr old grandmother, who I don't visit, call or tell her how much I love nearly enough. My partner who has stood by me thru thick and thin, and puts up with all my faults, even when I won't admit to them. I'm thankful to be in this great country, as much as I worry where it's headed, it's still the greatest place on earth to live. I thank those who have given their lives, and those who are put theirs on the line so I can have the opportunity to live here. As I said, I could go on and on, but those are at the top of the list. I hope everyone who is trying to get home, does so safely; and those of us who don't, I hope have an enjoyable Thanksgiving.