Telling Dispatchers To Go..........

Brisco

Expert Expediter
.......jump in a Lake.

Or better yet............to go Blank Blank Themselves..............

Haven't been here for few days.........Store is BUSY!! Just got through getting caught up..........and read Turtles post in the Panther Beware thread where he and a Dispatcher were at odds over Delivery Times.

Got me thinking...........what Kind of Horror Stories do we have amongst the Drivers here that pertain to Drivers getting so Ticked Off at a Dispatcher that they actually Told Them to Go FFFFFFF Themselves???

We're NOT Perfect..........even being the Utmost Professional I am, I have done it myself.......and........MORE than once. Heck....I've even told THE Owner of a Multi-Million Dollar a year 3PL Logistics Company that if he didn't like the way I was running a Route I was Contracted to run for his Company that he could get his Happy A$$ behind the wheel of Truck and do it his Durn Self...........

So..........any FUN and Interesting Stories out there You "Drivers" wish to share..............:cool:

moose

Veteran Expediter
no news here, holding my ground was always done politely, {which can ticked them off better}

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just one of the absolute beauties of a "central dispatch" system. No need to get worked up over anything. If I don't like the answer or attitude, I hang up on them and call back and someone else answers. "No fuss, no muss".

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
It's a two way street. A lot of dispatchers couldn't hack it behind the wheel...and a lot of drivers couldn't hack it behind a desk. A little mutual respect is in order.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why am I not surprised by the op.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
ive cussed them on phone at panther and wrote it on qc many times. of just how sorry of a company they are it could be the reason im sitting alot. but who cares! :) I exercise my freedom of speech very well

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ive cussed them on phone at panther and wrote it on qc many times. of just how sorry of a company they are it could be the reason im sitting alot. but who cares! :) I exercise my freedom of speech very well

I prefer a freedom of income.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
yea income at panther is far and in between ill run one good week then have three sorry weeks but my van is getting older and ive grown sick of this business! so who gives a rats azz!!!

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
my beleive s still lay on if your not a team, one of the dispatch buddies, dispatch driver's, or run for a big fleet owner. you get the junk at panther. I know they will be the ones on here to say what can you back that up with. well I was sitting in nc first out two days van pulls up single driver same kind of van, ask how long id been there. then tells me he will call his dispatcher and see when he will get out. 5 mins later he shows me he has load going to chicago. thats one the times I cuss them. then I meet a guy that says he works for a dispatch er and he goes out then they have him a return trip back home meet him in sc he lives in akron and yes he showed the load he was dispatch on to go . back

noneya

Active Expediter

Why go through that drama? Do what I did and run like hell from panther.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm with Moose and Dave on this one. It is much more fun when they get all worked up and started cussing. Panther had a dispatcher in their Chicago office that had a short fuse. I hung up on him 3 times in a span of about 5 minutes. The first two times for shouting and cussing. The third time he called me he tried reversing his approach by telling me to remain calm and that there was need for shouting. I calmly and politely told him if he continued on that tack, I would again hang up on him. He really lost it with that reply and I hung up.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
im just hanging in to cause as much of trouble as I can. they deserve what ever I can do for them. my last trip will be a long one I can pick up then make em swap it out due to braking down lol that ways we can call it even on the escrow

noneya

Active Expediter
im just hanging in to cause as much of trouble as I can. they deserve what ever I can do for them. my last trip will be a long one I can pick up then make em swap it out due to braking down lol that ways we can call it even on the escrow

LOL! Sounds like a good plan:D

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter

It's obvious you're going to be a tremendous sucess in any business venture you attempt.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

That is an excellent plan! You get an 1800 mile run, get the fifty percent advance, remove the money from your comdata card, then call them to let them know that your truck broke down. lol. When they ask about the advance money, just tell them "you can take it from my escrow account!" lol. I never thought of that trick before. All of you noobs, take out your number two pencils, and take you some notes here!

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter

When you're ready to take that last load contact me about selling your expediting business, along with the goodwill you've created.

At that time we will negotiate how much you will have to pay me.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
at the rine what they going to do but cry? you ppl on here act like you know something!! guess what youre driving a fcking truck wake up and look around you! you must think you are a dr or lawyer!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Underdog is a genius with the way he will get his escrow money before he quits. lol. You're right about drivin a truck "it ain't no rocket science!" But it does take a certain level of skill to drive a big truck accident free. I have seen a grown man break down in tears because he was afraid to drive a bobtail on the freeway. Needless to say, that man had to pack his bags and head for home at the end of the day. So don't diminish the skillset needed to drive a tractor trailer. Now a cargo van; my grandmother can drive one of them things with one eye closed. lol.