Team not asking for much

gatorfan068

Active Expediter
We are a H/W team looking for the RIGHT owner with the RIGHT equipment. We are currently with Panther, and have been with them since December 2008. We are looking for a fleet owner who does not MICRO MANAGE, PAYS on time every week, trusts and respects their drivers and has newer equipment. We also require that the owner fixes the truck when a problem arises and not put off to a later date. We are being pretty picky on this, as we have had bad luck with owners who dont want to fix their trucks. We have been doing this long enough to be picky when it comes to the owner we are driving for. We will not run anywhere near or around New York City. We love to run and stay out longer then average teams do, so we would like to have the bigger sleeper to be comfortable, prefer one set up for a H/W team. We would like the sleeper to be at least a 96 inchs or LARGER with a bigger bed. Upper bunk not needed, but cabinet space is. Fridge, freezer and microwave is also needed, but have our own tv. Truck must be an automatic and not a standard. Would also require an APU so that we will have no problems in the states that have the no idle law. A prepass plus would also be great, as this would help us to avoid pulling off for weigh stations and toll booths. When we are running, we run hard, we average 5 to 6 weeks out, with 4 - 7 days off. We also require that we work for 40/60 split, with the owner paying for fuel, tolls and any expenses required for running the truck. We do not have Hazmat or DOD and would like to keep it that way. We also have a Beagle who is well trained. We are smokers. Please email us information about your truck, and pictures of the inside and out if possible. If you think your the right owner for us, please send me an email at [email protected] and I will respond when I have the time to do so. References a plus.

Maybe throw in a shower with a sink,some mirrors,and a massaging bed...LOL

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
A good one to start off the day. You should be on TV, or maybe write for someone who is.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The clue is in the title.....the problems arise as you read into the advertisment, wish you luck, you may very well need it.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Is this something you wrote as a joke or did you get it from a real ad?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We are currently with Panther, and have been with them since December 2008.

With three years experience and well-defined ideas about what you seek in a truck, have you thought about building or buying a truck of your own? That would give you the truck you want and the freedom to operate it as you want.

A quality team seeking a 96" sleeper outfitted for team operation does not seem like an unreasonable request to me, but few trucks like you describe are being built these days and the trucks that are out there are already filled.

You might find an open truck that meets your specs but your smoking, dogs and New York City rules make you less attractive to fleet owners than teams that don't smoke, don't have dogs and will go to NYC.

Buy or build your own truck to get both the truck and freedom you seek.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You forgot the no hazmat or DOD part Phil.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You forgot the no hazmat or DOD part Phil.

So I did. Re-reading the post, I see I also missed the part about 5 to 6 weeks out, with 4 - 7 days off and fleet owner pays tolls.

gatorfan068, you may be able to find the fleet owner and truck you seek but there are many teams out there seeking the same thing. By limiting your services as you do, you place yourself at a competitive disadvantage against other teams who are willing to give more.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
That's allot of limitations, I don't know if you will be able to find a owner with really nice equipment to put you in. I would only put those that can make a high revenue in my nicest equipment, if I owned any equipment that is. Those nice units take big money to run and I would want them running the higher paying freight that ya'll choose to leave on the table by not being qualified or willing to take.

Just my .02, good luck in your future endeavors.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Is it April 1st already :rolleyes:

I would like to win the lottery, so anyone with the winning numbers please send them to me :D:p

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That reads like asking for a timeshare trade where you want a condo on the beach in return for a room at Motel 6, ok?
I'm pretty sure you'll have all the time you need to reply to interested owners.....:rolleyes:

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey there after talking it over with the crew we decided sure we have a truck that fits ALL your needs. Just one thing we need a 110,000.00 cash upfront security deposist from you because your smokers and you have a dog. message us, thanks!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Wow..all i want is for my owner to install the MaxVent in the new truck he bought me....and he already has the vent, he just needs to get off his lazy butt and install it....:D

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I believe this is a joke because it shows on the OP's profile that he drives a cargo van.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Might be a joke, but then you would be surprised at some of the requests you get. It usually goes like a laundry lists of wants and what they won't do, followed by, "we have never driven before".
In this case, it may be a case of a owner running out of money to fix the truck since he spent it all on fuel keeping fido cool for the summer since they couldn't run half of the available loads.
If it is for real, they will find some fool out there.

Azcot

Seasoned Expediter
I thought I recognised this add..it is currently on the classifieds under Teams Available...posted Sept 1st. It looks serious enough but who knows..:cool:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Did this pop up about a year or so ago??

Greg I think it did. You know some people want everything without showing if they can even do the job. I won't put a team in a really nice truck from the start. They get the oldest truck to start off in.