Talk About Your Cheap Freight.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Eastlake, I'm the guy that took over from Terry, still doing it even after they chopped the pay by 120 a day in 2008...at least its steady money

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ran a load yesterday MI to SC for .80 a mile... made me sad but I did it! Panther Cargo Van drivers that work for fleet owners only make .20 less :confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and here we go again.....depends IF the driver has a reason to go there........I'd take .80 all day to get to where I need to go.....we have a member of our own family once took a .76 a mile load with a truck that got 10 mpg.....but he had to be home....

BUT then again the poster is now asking about Greenville SC appears he took it just to say he ran a load.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Run for whatever you want, and then come on here and cry about low rates when you don't need to be somewhere or home (not addressing anyone specific). Makes sense to me.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Run for whatever you want, and then come on here and cry about low rates when you don't need to be somewhere or home (not addressing anyone specific). Makes sense to me.

Agree 100%......it is what it is.....you take them lowball loads you live with them....you are what you eat, they say......whining is not allowed....:)

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
I prefer the decline option myself if your not making some money dont make alot of sense if wanted to give money away could of stayed home and played the tables in vegas

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

Polish_Drive

Rookie Expediter
Ran a load yesterday MI to SC for .80 a mile... made me sad but I did it! Panther Cargo Van drivers that work for fleet owners only make .20 less :confused:

You just made me throw up in my mouth.

.80 is just sick. The only one who is making money here is the broker.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

.80 is just sick. The only one who is making money here is the broker.

The only reason I had to run this load for so cheap is because this is scrap freight that 20 scrap carriers are bidding on. I don't work for a real expedite company that has their own accounts. I work for one that bids against 20-30 other vans/sprinters in the area. I bid a load from GA to Detroit friday that was 3000 lbs for $800 1.10 a mile and the customer replied back we got it cover for $300, clearly there was someone sitting in GA that wanted to get home for the weekend in Michigan, prior to that bid I had placed 3 bids going to Laredo for .75 only because I wanted to get to Tx and have a nice relaxed weekend load. I did not get any of those, one customer said that they chose another bidder because they were closer then me, I was sitting 120 out in Greenville SC, even though I could have made the pickup time they close closest van.

OVM my sprinter is a 2006 140 highroof. I get around 650-700 a tank depending on speed.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You would be surprised what some bid loads pay. We actually run a good amount of them.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The only reason I had to run this load for so cheap is because this is scrap freight that 20 scrap carriers are bidding on. I don't work for a real expedite company that has their own accounts. I work for one that bids against 20-30 other vans/sprinters in the area. I bid a load from GA to Detroit friday that was 3000 lbs for $800 1.10 a mile and the customer replied back we got it cover for $300, clearly there was someone sitting in GA that wanted to get home for the weekend in Michigan, prior to that bid I had placed 3 bids going to Laredo for .75 only because I wanted to get to Tx and have a nice relaxed weekend load. I did not get any of those, one customer said that they chose another bidder because they were closer then me, I was sitting 120 out in Greenville SC, even though I could have made the pickup time they close closest van.

OVM my sprinter is a 2006 140 highroof. I get around 650-700 a tank depending on speed.

Everyone has their own reasons what they chose to run and for how much ... That is a fact we all have to live.,. Some of these cubers have a very high CPM and require more per mile

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sounds like this freight went on a straight truck or tractor trailer at LTL rate.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Well I hope you had time to rinse,
I just had a offer that was 2cents above my contracted rate. I didnt ask but it appears the 2cents was for FSC. According to my math/Goggle maps and the numbers given to me for the load offer...(All in)
Needless to say someone else is going to have to pick it up. Based on what she said when I said no Im propley going to get spanked now but oh well Ive driven home before.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Well I hope you had time to rinse,
I just had a offer that was 2cents above my contracted rate. I didnt ask but it appears the 2cents was for FSC. According to my math/Goggle maps and the numbers given to me for the load offer...(All in)
Needless to say someone else is going to have to pick it up. Based on what she said when I said no Im propley going to get spanked now but oh well Ive driven home before.

Oh crap. I'm thinking I want to hear this. :eek: