Tag-A-Long APU

jcross

Seasoned Expediter
I recently bought a truck that had a Tag-A-Long apu on it. Well, I understand they are out of business and I'm looking for an owners manual or wiring schematic for one. For the life of me I can't get any electricity to the plugs.

The generator starts and runs good. The tattle tales aren't out and the main breaker is on...but no juice to the plugs.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
check the leas comming out of the generator and see if there is any juice there at least you would know if the generator is any good.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Before you do a thing, first see who actually made the generator head - it is most likely an off the shelf unit. Once you get that, then see if you can call the manufacture to get info on how it is wired.

jcross

Seasoned Expediter
Well, the engine is built by Lombardini and I can't see any writing on the actual head of the generator. I can see on 3 sides of it and all I see is a casting number and serial number.

I've been scanning the internet for a Lombardini manual.

I did check the leads an didn't have anything....but I may be missing something. I need to clean all of the connections and give it a real good once over. This thing may be a boat anchor.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wow that's old.... Unless they are importing them again under the Kohler banner.

Look up Blue Ridge Diesel and see what they can tell you.

jcross

Seasoned Expediter
The date of manufacture is 2003......and you're right Kohler bought them out.

I'll check into Blue Ridge Diesel.

Thanks.