Sylectus numbers show another strong month

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Um, cause it's talking about June.

.....June 2011 posted across-the-board increases over June 2010, highlighted by gains of 15 percent in total revenue and 9 percent in revenue per mile.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Um, cause it's talking about June.

.....June 2011 posted across-the-board increases over June 2010, highlighted by gains of 15 percent in total revenue and 9 percent in revenue per mile.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

This June was good a month....

But this July we have to go back 4-5 years to a more traditonal time...most have not experienced this before...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That report and others is one of the very reasons why I dog some nameless carriers when they throw bargain rates out there and then make the claim small independent carriers are slashing the rates. They are charging more to the customer, but keeping a greater percentage for themselves.
This just confirms that.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That report and others is one of the very reasons why I dog some nameless carriers when they throw bargain rates out there and then make the claim small independent carriers are slashing the rates. They are charging more to the customer, but keeping a greater percentage for themselves.
This just confirms that.

It would depend on how owner operator pay was structured for the carrier. This would not be true for a percentage based pay carrier.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
These reports mostly reflect overall load volumes more so then profit margins.

June was good, July has been... Well July. Let's hope for a strong 3rd and 4th quarter!

TheRebel

Seasoned Expediter
This just confirms that.

That's soooo true!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well if its the worst july you have had since 1995, you really don't have much to complain about now do you.....its also the worst I have seen in the 4 yrs i have been doing this....oh well, it is what it is, and it will get better....