"Supporting" Adult Babies....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
And I sure hope the Senator is earning his, by finding some serious fraud, as well as the disgusting [but very, very small potatoes] examples like this pair of con artists.

What? You don't think this pair of con artists being on national tv aren't enabling others who want to bilk the system for what they can? I think by making an example of them, and watching Baby Huey play in traffic as a result of losing his check, that would be a warning to others not to screw with OUR money.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Told ya before...the US form of SS is far to lenient...what this couple do and how they go about it should be a state affair.....SS should not be involved...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Told ya before...the US form of SS is far to lenient...what this couple do and how they go about it should be a state affair.....SS should not be involved...

Well I don' think you understand what's this about, so let's put this in proper perspective;

1 - it is Social Security Supplemental Security Income, a.k.a. SSI. It is not really social security. It is intended to help people but because it is like getting SSI for a kid who never put into the system, it is a mess and costly.

2 - in order to qualify, one has to go through a process which is subjective through a Disability Determination Services (DDS) in the state where the person resides.

3 - In most cases, adjudication is made by a federal judge when an application is made and processed through the DDS with proper medical records.

The problems are many, one of the biggest things is a lack of proper mental health uniformity to actually determine a disability when making a classification about a patient. A lot of mental health professionals will use broad definitions to classify people without observing the individual directly or not taking enough time, when in fact that there is no evidence of such a disability caused by any of the factors that the mental health professional claims. This coupled with the broad spectrum of what is defined as a disability today makes it very easy for someone to get SSI. Being blind is a disability, taking drugs is not.

Example in the past 15 years, the definition of ADHD and ADD have been broaden so much to the point that improper diagnosis are common among doctors and mental health professional. The kid fidgets in class, so the kid has ADHD. A lot of parents of alleged ADHD and ADD kids applied for and got SSI. The kids had signs of it by the new definitions handed down 20 years ago but were in fact normal. The Feds investigated the claims, some were overturned but a large majority of them were not.

The same holds true for drug addicts and former drug addicts, they can easily qualify for SSI while people with PTSD have to jump hoops just to qualify.

I know of several who have legitimate cases, a few won't apply because of the hassles while those who do, have been refused a number of times, one can't work because of her auto accident injuries and her paralysis.

We have roughly 8 million collecting SSI, Medicaid and the related benefits and maybe out of that 8 million, 3 million actually could use it.

jpalmer

Seasoned Expediter
I don't have a problem with him playing adult baby. He can do whatever he wants in his own home. but, I don't think its right for him to be on government aid.....

What do you wanna bet that he used this baby fetish thing on his aid application? Or better yet. Maybe his aunt or this new lady filled out the application saying he was incapacitated due to a mental deficiency of having the mentality of a 2 year old?

Just speculation but you gotta think as a con artists to catch a con artists... :D

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
My nieghbor collects ssi for "mental issues"....says she can't work....see her out working in that yard everyday.... ( because she has nothing else to do)...moving rocks...mowing the grass....planting flowers..looks like she working to me.....make.a good landscaper.....

Posted with my Droid E O Forum App