Storms hitting close to home

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
My brother has a load on board heading to KY for a Monday drop and was planning on a weekend at home, home currently being West Liberty, KY, which was just hit by a tornado today. We haven't been able to contact anyone yet, so we're currently waiting. He and his co driver both have family there, my niece being among them. I'm hearing reports of multiple fatalities, and just praying for some good news. The pictures look pretty bad. The part of town they were living was leveled.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I'm sitting in Seymour In, north of Louisville Ky waiting on daylight before heading to TN. Drivers coming through the area say its bad and I65 was moving very slow and only one lane. Don't have to be in Blue Springs Ms till Monday morning so why risk it tonite. Was told a small truck stop south of Louisville was hit very hard by a tornado.

Sent from my DROID X2 using EO Forums

Last edited:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Just got south of Louisville, exit 19 in Indiana was hard hit.

Sent from my DROID X2 using EO Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330783908858.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330783908858.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 38

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I made a delivery in West Liberty KY about three hours before the storm hit. I even made a comment that it seemed like a nice town but I was getting out ASAP. There were a few people joking about the weather at the local McDonalds and I remember being envious of them because they were "safe at home" and I was not.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
My mother grew up there and my grandparents are buried there. I have a lot of good memories in that town, even though I never lived there. It's one of those towns that's pretty much pure redneck and a tad bit behind the times. I'm sure they'll rebuild, but when a storm hits a town that size, the results are usually devastating.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Everyone is safe. The house was wiped out, but they got to the basement in time.

Your Mothers house is gone? Is Carla alright! I missed your call yesterday because i had my phone on silent for a while. I hope everything is alright.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Your Mothers house is gone? Is Carla alright! I missed your call yesterday because i had my phone on silent for a while. I hope everything is alright.

My mother is in Colorado now. It was my brother, his wife and daughter, and his mother in law living in that house. My brother was in the truck heading home for the weekend when it happened.

I just had a question about PARS stickers. We just got approved and I need to order mine. So many places to order them from and so many different prices, but that's a different topic really.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My mother is in Colorado now. It was my brother, his wife and daughter, and his mother in law living in that house. My brother was in the truck heading home for the weekend when it happened.

I just had a question about PARS stickers. We just got approved and I need to order mine. So many places to order them from and so many different prices, but that's a different topic really.

As long as they are on that approved printing list that the CBSA sent you it's all good. You gotta make sure they have you scac code and your company nama and canada code on the when they print them out. I'll call you later on today or Monday.