Storm damage

BeecherKen

Active Expediter
Just because we arent in Kentucky doesnt mean we were untouched. Just saw pics if Jeffman164s Sprinter over on LisaLouHoos facebook. It could be worse but he is still out of comission for a bit. Thankful they werent hurt.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just because we arent in Kentucky doesnt mean we were untouched. Just saw pics if Jeffman164s Sprinter over on LisaLouHoos facebook. It could be worse but he is still out of comission for a bit. Thankful they werent hurt.

Glad no one was hurt. I know how they feel. Our truck was knocked out of service twice by weather damage. Not fun.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Good to hear they are alright.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
he was Swift-ed...

good to hear they are O.K,
any insurance ?

Yeah, we gave our official statements to Progressive today. It is in my driveway awaiting an adjuster.

SB US23 in Michigan, MM 25, between midnight and 12:30 am Saturday. Under load on the way to NJ. Winds in excess of 55mph blew a tree right down in front of the van. He had no time to avoid. Luckily, the tree was dead and it was the top branches in the lane, not the trunk. Being dead, the tree shattered on impact. No loss of fluids, but the roof, windshield, passenger mirror, passenger headlight and front clip are toast/messed up. Ripped the antenna off, too.

Could have been alot worse. The tree could have been alive (resistance on impact), there could have been another vehicle involved, it could have fallen on the van...just happy it is no worse than this.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Trust me. The first words out of Nicks mouth when he saw it would be bleeped out. Honestly it was hard to believe that you guys were ok.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Trust me. The first words out of Nicks mouth when he saw it would be bleeped out. Honestly it was hard to believe that you guys were ok.

You shoulda heard the 20 or so words that came out of Jeff's mouth when he was able to safely exit the van at Cone Rd. There is glass dust on the dash, and you and Nick saw how the windshield is "springy". If Jeff had been going much faster than 54 mph, that windshield surely would have exploded. It wasn't too long before that he said "Won't be long til we're on the toll road, babes. We'll have the wind behind us then!"

BeecherKen

Active Expediter
The weather was bad all over the state that day. Blizzard up north, thunderstorms here, wind all over. March came in like a lion. On the front clip of a Freightliner Sprinter.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
The weather was bad all over the state that day. Blizzard up north, thunderstorms here, wind all over. March came in like a lion. On the front clip of a Freightliner Sprinter.

We drove through the heavy snow Friday too. We started up near Alpena and came down :/

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter

Our day to remember began with him driving from Swartz Creek to the shipper just north of Muskegon. We encountered rain, thunderstorms, wind, snow. At the shipper it was snowing fairly hard, and the roads were dicey until we got back between Muskegon and Lansing. Once at Lansing, no snow or rain, roads were fairly dry. We thought, except for wind, we were in the clear.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Glad to hear you guys are O.K. I'm pretty sure I'd have been real glad I had clean undies with me.