Stop! Read! Sign! Pass It On!!

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey People,

We are all doing what we can to ease the burden of fuel and living, and it's rough
really rough for some. Here's another and it's free. Made me feel better signing it, the
organization Care2 is a legit company, you can add your name and pass it on to everyone else that is affected by the cost of living period! Doesn't matter if it's fuel or food, diapers, or toothpicks.... Rembember... If YOU bought it............ a TRUCK brought it

Care2 : The Petition Site : TIRED OF WASTEFUL GO

Reactions: 1 person

ihamner

Expert Expediter
There is no way I would sign this petition! I got angry just reading such a thing...didn't even finish it. No thanks! I won't stop for this! Won't read it all! WILL NOT pass it on!!!

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
Sign it and vote for Ron Paul. If you are one of the ones that stopped part way through you're most likely part of the problem of just about any given concern, issue or dilemma. Focus positively differently.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I bet Karl Marx would sign this but I won't!!! Yes our government is no longer responsive to the "little man" but that is OUR fault. WE let them get away with it. WE do not require them to do thier job. How do we do this? By not voting. By voting in the same goobers that were elected last time. Vote them ALL out!!! NO incumbents in the U.S. House or Senate!!! That would be a great first step. But, SIGH, what are the chances of that. Most of the few that will bother to vote will pull that same "D" or "R" lever as they ALWAYS have. They will pay NO attention to the issues. Just so they get thier fair share of what they are "entitled" to and are not taken away from thier brewskies and football/baseball/music videos. Layoutshooter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why sign it? It's not even a petition. It's a (largely disjointed and incoherent) rant full of stuff that wacko talk radio put into the author's head while he was half listening (the author even got wrong the salient, push-button nutjob issues, how is that even possible?). It's all over the place. It's a funny read, actually. If the author is here on these boards, well, sorry, dood.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I don't have much of a Formal education, BUT I have always been under the impression since Civics class back in the early fifties that Federal law prohibited our President from holding office for more then two terms. So I find it hard to understand how President Clinton was "booted out" after serving two terms. Rather not sign.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
TIRED OF WASTEFUL GOVERNMENT SPENDING
Target:pEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES
Sponsored by: ROBERT AND CHERYL, OOIDA MEMBERS

Sick and tired of all the wasteful spending! Let's clean up our own backyard before we trudge on someone else's. At the end of this petition is a link to Citizens Against Government Waste. Please take a moment to register there to take more action.

Truckers, tax payers, for the longest time have helped pay for government expenditures. We help fund wars, pave roads, build bridges, and we also help keep the cost of consumer goods low. We also help keep DOT weigh scales open. We, in essence, pay the DOT officer's salary. I do not know if the officers realize this. Tickets and fines help pay their salary just as tax dollars help pay politicians' salaries.

Our government is run by big corporations and the power of the people has been taken away. Who is running this year's election? Has to be big businesses because I voted for RON PAUL, and I have been across this nation and I have seen so many supporters with their Ron Paul yard signs out, signs on bridges, etc. However, Ron Paul never had a chance because we, voters, were not counted. Our votes did not matter! People, we need to be more concerned about who we elect in Congress.

Sign this petition if you agree that you have had enough. With the rising fuel prices and people losing their homes I cannot see why there should not be more than a million signatures on this petition. If we the people must watch our spending during this horrible economic disasterous time then so should the governement.

Stop taking away from our childrens' futures. Schools are cutting back on spending because they cannot fuel their busses. This is a shame. Everything that is suppose to matter doesn't. This is your government at its best and uncontrolled. If we do not speak then the big businesses will take over our government. It is time for a revolution. One that says WE are not going to take it anymore. WE want our power back as a people and a republic. I can cite numerous occassions where leaders have spoken and those same leaders died for their causes. I am willing to take the same stand and die for my principles. Are you? Or are you willing to sit and wait for our economy to revive itself? People, we have the power to take back our government.

Bush should have been impeached for all the atrocities that he has committed while in office. Clinton was booted out because of an affair that he had. The only thing Clinton hurt was himself and his own integrity. Bush has hurt millions in this country. I cannot understand why we sit silently and say nothing when we saw this coming.

If the people have to watch their spending then so should the government. We, the undersigned, are demanding a solution to our weakened dollar. We need to back our money with something of value such as GOLD. When Nixon closed this window he opened a far more dangerous one. Reopen the GOLD WINDOW and let us get this economy back on its feet. Printing more paper money is not the answer. Giving the Federal Reserve more power is not the answer. Continually raising fuel taxes, heavy highway taxes, apportionments to the states, etc. is not the answer to this failing economy. Truckers are tired of being the pocketbooks for wasteful spending and corruption. Find another way to cure this economic woe. Cut government spending and do something about the value of our failing dollar! No more promises. We want solutions!!!!

You do not have to agree with everything in this message but do remember that the answer to a solution lies within YOU.

Citizens Against Government Waste: Homepage

Ever Vigilant: Keeping a watchful eye on government

"The ideal weapons system is built in 435 congressional districts and it doesn't matter whether it works or not."

Alain C. Enthoven (economist and former Pentagon official)

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

Samuel Adams

Rantings of someone willing to make a stand.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Bush should have been impeached for all the atrocities that he has committed while in office. Clinton was booted out because of an affair that he had. The only thing Clinton hurt was himself and his own integrity. Bush has hurt millions in this country. I cannot understand why we sit silently and say nothing when we saw this coming.

OMG,
Let's see, Bush needs to be impeached because of his atrocities?

Yea, right.

He needs to be impeached for one and only one reason - he did not close the borders which is one of the purposes of his office and the federal government. Iraq, Oil and other things don't count, the border does. But because an open border is mainly a democratic thing, they won't impeach him for it.

Clinton being booted? Come on, he was impeached but he was not removed - why?

Hint - it wasn't because of Monica.

Give up?

He lied under oath, a real crime and really serious crime.

Also not to beat up on Clinton, his term in office was over.

The bigger problem is that the integrity of the office was damaged and no one seems to care that if there is an uncontrolled event, like a sex scandal, it opens us, the citizens, to a possibility of real serious problems with our security.

When I said people are stupid, the one thing I can point to is this idea what happened is a private thing, it is not at all, he works for us and he has to answer to us. Learn about blackmail and crimes based on blackmail.

Also just for the record, these online petitions mean nothing because there are no way to actually confirm who signs it or if they are a voter.

I want to know why isn't these sites complaining abut the FCC move to digital TV and the money being spent on the conversion? There is no need to restrict poor people from obtaining TV, is there?

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
OMG,
Let's see, Bush needs to be impeached because of his atrocities?

Yea, right.

((((Yes.))))

He needs to be impeached for one and only one reason - he did not close the borders which is one of the purposes of his office and the federal government. Iraq, Oil and other things don't count, the border does. But because an open border is mainly a democratic thing, they won't impeach him for it.

(((His crimes go far beyond border patrol. Geez. Read the newspapers, books, etc.)))

Clinton being booted? Come on, he was impeached but he was not removed - why?

Hint - it wasn't because of Monica.

((((That is what got the ball rolling. Impeached. What does that actually do? HMMMM. I think it calls for removal.))))

Give up?

He lied under oath, a real crime and really serious crime.

((((I am glad you said that because although Bush did not lie under oath he lied to the population about his reasons for declaring war.))))

Also not to beat up on Clinton, his term in office was over.

The bigger problem is that the integrity of the office was damaged and no one seems to care that if there is an uncontrolled event, like a sex scandal, it opens us, the citizens, to a possibility of real serious problems with our security.

(((( Yeah, I forgot that politicians can get by with anything. Sex scandals open us up as citizens to security issues. What? Huh? How is that? If that is the case you best fire them all. I am sure if we dig hard enough we can find dirt on all of them.)))

When I said people are stupid, the one thing I can point to is this idea what happened is a private thing, it is not at all, he works for us and he has to answer to us. Learn about blackmail and crimes based on blackmail.

(((He has answered to noone. If you have all this power why aren't you using your energies there instead of here.)))

Also just for the record, these online petitions mean nothing because there are no way to actually confirm who signs it or if they are a voter.

(((You just contradicted yourself. Remember it's the people who have the power. Right? Petitions are better than sitting on one's butt and complaining about petitions. There is power in numbers.)))

I want to know why isn't these sites complaining abut the FCC move to digital TV and the money being spent on the conversion? There is no need to restrict poor people from obtaining TV, is there?

(((Wow, I think losing our freedom to privacy is a little more important. It is a matter of whether they get off their butts to do something about it. Ignorance has alot to do with it. Knowledge is power.))))

What have you done lately?