Stay away from Nations Express !!!

forgiven_1

Active Expediter
I ran 3 loads in 3 weeks and that was with me begging. Unbeknownst to anyone ahead of time Nations repo'ed my truck owner's trucks. So NOW who do I get a paycheck from??? Nations lied about the date the trucks were repo'ed trying to not be responsible. I made a call to the CEO today but of course got voicemail. I told him if it was not a company wide problem and all these problems were coming from one person that I felt sure he would call me. No call. So, I guess it's the company. Lot's more to tell but I'm saving it for an attorney.

I have heard A LOT of bad stuff about Nations in the past 3 weeks. Wish I had heard it 4 weeks ago !!!

Monty

Expert Expediter
So... you think the CEO of Nations has absoluetly nothing to do but call you?

Patience is something you learn in this business.

And, it appears your complaint is with the OWNER, not Nation's.

How many times have we seen this play out, where the carrier is somehow respinsible for the owners mistakes?

And a word to the wise ...

Unbeknownst to anyone ahead of time Nations repo'ed my truck owner's trucks.

Never .. I repeat .... NEVER purchase, or lease, a truck from the person that controls your revenue.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The guy that just bought my truck can't wait to get to Nation's. He's been hearing great things about them for months. Hopefully your problem has more to do with the owner than with Nation's. Companies generally don't get involved in owner/driver disputes. Your best bet may be to try to be cool and by the time the boss gets back to you may hook you up with a more competent owner.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your contract is with the owner. The owner has contracts with you and Nations. Sorry to say but the company has no legal responsibility to pay you anything. Did Nations tell you when the truck would be repo'ed or did the owner tell you that is what they said? If nations mentioned anything to you they had no legal right to and without hearing it directly from them you cannot be 100% sure when they said the trucks would be taken back.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All the previous is good advice, but be aware that you're an INDEPENDANT CONTRACTOR - and your contract is with the corporation/individual that owns the truck. Do your due diligence with the truck owner AND the company whose logo is on the side of your truck. Go through the archives on this forum and you'll find this is not the first complaint about Nations Express. Determine for yourself if these complaints are more numerous, more credible and more frequently related to their financial stability.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
This post is technically a Drive-By-Posting. However, I think it's in the best interest of the poster to let it stand as he is getting educated on business practices in this industry.

Expedite Trucking Forums - Announcements in Forum : Web Site Support & Services

6. Drive by posting (DBP) is prohibited.
A drive by posting (DBP)is when a new or newer member who has a personal issue or dispute with a carrier, dealer, manufacturer, fleet owner, fleet driver or any other entity and makes their first post as a negative attack or public scathing. Posts of this nature are disruptive and serve no purpose and subject to immediate removal. New members are required to have a minimum of ten (10) posts before they can make a controversial post on any topic.

TheGoodPrice

Active Expediter
They may have changed but I use to run for a o/o for Nations. I thought they were great. Back in 06 they weren't leasing trucks that I knew of. My owner was the moron not the Company. I called and made a complaint with the company, it took a few days but my voice was heard. They found me a different owner who was looking for a driver but I refused. I think before you go to work for any owner ask many questions and feel them out. Ask about tenure of other drivers. Great owners keep people. But 3 weeks you really didn't give a chance.

Sent from my Eris using EO Forums

forgiven_1

Active Expediter
Sorry Lawrence,
Being new on here I didn't realize I was doing a bad thing. I simply wanted to warn others.

I understand the point that I was a contract driver and that the truck owner is responsible for paying me. There is a LOT more to this than what I posted. There is wrong happening on many levels.

For the good news, the guy who took over the truck has agreed to pay me for the last load I did as he had already signed papers on the truck. Hopefully he is telling the truth.

Thanks all and sorry if I breached protocol.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Forgiven,

Thanks for the follow up post.

We know there are many issues drivers, fleet owners and carriers experience everyday. Thanks for following up with the outcome. We generally never hear of any resolution. Take care and be safe out there!

texx010

Expert Expediter
Researching
The expediting company used by my employer (Cargo Brain) switched their trucks from Express-1 to Nations Express. They said they got a better deal with Nations.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
The expediting company used by my employer (Cargo Brain) switched their trucks from Express-1 to Nations Express. They said they got a better deal with Nations.

Hmmm better then express-1 ? ? ? 3 loads n 3 weeks? Right! Roflmao NOT HARDLY! Let's see, was out of service for almost 2 weeks in November due to deer accident and still got 11,500 miles for the month. Last three weeks milage 4200, 2500, 4900. And I am not doing as good as some of My E-1 friends. Fact is Express-1 rocks! Been with them over 2 years now!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Hmmm better then express-1 ? ? ? 3 loads n 3 weeks? Right! Roflmao NOT HARDLY! Let's see, was out of service for almost 2 weeks in November due to deer accident and still got 11,500 miles for the month. Last three weeks milage 4200, 2500, 4900. And I am not doing as good as some of My E-1 friends. Fact is Express-1 rocks! Been with them over 2 years now!

Doing good here too! Just need to get the heater fixed in my van today so I can start rolling!

BigCat

Expert Expediter

Different people fit in to other companies better than some. Sounds to me the OP was new at this and expected too much. He also stated there was more to the story he didn't tell. Maybe part he left out had something to do with why he only got 3 loads in 3 weeks or why they took the owners truck back.

Also what obligation does the new owner have to pay? He isn't the one that got paid for what was ran?

Nothing about OP story adds up. Sorry

forgiven_1

Active Expediter
The new owner is responsible for paying me on my last trip because he had signed papers to take over the truck before I was dispatched on the load.

The 3 trips in 3 weeks is with me on the board and calling daily. Yes, it was my first expediting experience but I have been trucking for 30 years.

I do understand that I was a contracted driver for the owner. That being said, the company has paid 3 out of 5 of the drivers for this owner who were behind on pay. Coincidentally, those 3 drivers agreed to sign papers to take over the truck they were driving.

Thanks to all for your responses. Like I said, being new to the forum, I simply wanted to give a heads up and hopefully help someone from falling into a bad deal. I didn't mean to breach protocol and I apologize.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been doing the expediting thing for 6 months and I figured going in it would take a long time to get it down and boy was I right. I have good weeks and crappy weeks and I still screw up all the time.

Doing TT for 20 years is a different ball game all together.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
To update my post. New truck owner took excellent truck and highly experienced team to Nations.
Left after a few months very disappointed and with nothing good to say about them.
And I've never heard him say anything negative about any other subject.
He was there 4th qtr 2011/1st qtr 2012.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Ive been thru some of that with an Owner who wanted me to drive his truck, was promised a newer truck and got a broken down piece of crap, took the train and went home...you gotta have stuff in writing, EVERYTHING, and in duplicate, let an attorney review it, CYA Cover Yer A$$.....Some guys start out great and slowly fail, maybe the finacing is going to slowly, Factor etc....But I have to believe a Large company wont want there reputation sullied by Bad Owners ripping off workers...

Its a dog eat dog world my friend I hope it gets better for you...