Sprinters...NewsFlash

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The following is coming from my spleen, being that it is Valentine's Day and all.

Over the years it is often brought up that a thread has wandered of topic. This particular post is a prime example! It started out about Sprinters and got diverted to Lucas and British cars.

Had this thread taken a different course or stayed on track I would have never brightened my neighbor's life or mine with Dakota's link to funny Lucas stuff.

I have never owned a British car but I have help my neighbor with his. It appears others on E.O. can relate to Dakota's link. Off topic ain't all bad. In fact I hope Jaminjims off topic post continues to live on!

This might be a self serving reply because if you could do an E.O. search on off topic posts 90% of what I post would get a hit.

Anyway, from the spleen happy Valentine's Day to all and to Dakota, thank you form my neighbor and me. Or is it my neighbor and I? Or me and my neighbor?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dakota....THANK YOU for posting the link to that gem!
I haven't laughed so hard since Moot and his friend Jack last came to town!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
as one who helped get this off track i will try to re-track it.

does anyone feel the dealers are being cheated by mb for having a hinged fuel tank?

does anyone feel bad the dealers cannot gouge customers for hign labor on these trucks to replace the fuel pump?

has anyone ever needed a new fuel pump in a sprinter?

hows that mootsie?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jack I was kinda making light of the fact that FINALLY the engineers actually used some thought!

And NO I've heard not one complaint about a fuel pump being replaced....go figure eh...they make easy access and they use a pump that lasts...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
does anyone feel bad the dealers cannot gouge customers for high labor on these trucks to replace the fuel pump?
O' ye of little faith .... weep ye not for the oppressed and downtrodden Chrysler LLC dealer network, for, in their infinite weisheit, the fine MB engineers in the Vaterland have seen fit to equip the Sprinter (T1N's at any rate) with both low-pressure and high-pressure fuel pumps, thereby affording multiple opportunities for gouging ......

Wenn Sie auf den ersten nicht gelingt, dann gehen Sie für die Juglar (und die Brieftasche) das zweite Mal, um !!!

has anyone ever needed a new fuel pump in a sprinter?
Yes ... although I'm afraid I don't have his phone number or email handy right at the moment .....