sprinter

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
So I cannot help but wonder what they define as 'better'. They've been through Ford E-350's, small P vans and Sprinters. So are they going to design their own van? ;)

--
Mike N

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Would be interesting to see what type of van they would design??? Most of the sprint Fed-x local delivery drivers I talked to told me they (the sprinters) are to small for doing that type of work. In other words they hate using them. One driver near me told me they draw straws every morning to see who is going to get stuck driving the 2 sprinters they have at that shop.

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
I thought the Sprinter looked to be too small when they first started to appear in the UPS and FedEx fleets. The local FedEx terminal to my DX terminal is a regular stop for me in the evenings when I am working clean up. Most of the drivers I have spoken with about the Sprinter love the truck. One guy hated it because he was 6'8" and hit his head all the time. I am 6'5" and can stand up inside if I bend forward just a hair.

It would be amusing to see what FedEx would come up with if they were to design their own rig.

--
Mike N