Sprinter Van Freight

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I take it you drove a sprinter for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I still do and believe it is still the most comfortable and roomiest of the 3. I'm just not convinced it's the smartest investment for today's expediter. I'm always bothered when someone comes on here and proclaims Van x is the best. These things are big investments and to attempt to sway someone with partial truths kinda irks me.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
with 177,500 miles, 2013 is worth $29,000, it's for sales this week for $23,999.99 that is what I owe on it, next month be less
cost of fuel $3,804.02 for, 2016
truck payment under lease was 808.63 track lease
in Oct bought it for 26,500.00, 400.00 a month, total truck payment for year $8,357.34
maintenance for year 9,151.41 part of cost was due to bad adblu, didn't know the place where i bough it didn't have a shelf program

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I start on 02/01/17, at tysinger's I wouldn't sale anything I didn't believe in
I have driven them for over 10 year's and wouldn't drive anything else

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You don't need a contract before you buy a sprinter. If you have the money buy it. If expediting is not for you. You can sell the van or keep it for personal use. Or find a local messenger service that you can use the van for. Ford transit is cheaper then a sprinter an has less expensive break downs.

No but it would be wise to have everything set up and ready to go, good luck on selling a new now used Van. The courier/ messenger service might work, but a long shot on making enough to cover the payments and maintenance. Why make it that much harder on yourself?

Sent from the deep end.
Depends where u live. I live near chicago which there is a ton of freight. Bolingbrook is a hot spot for me, as well as Milwaukee too. From past experience I will never buy a used Van an get in to this business. If you did your home work. Stay away from sprinters. They are over price. Transit is the way to go. An buy new. 1. It's a huge write off. 2. It can be paid off in less the time. 3. Maintenance is a lot cheaper an if any maintenance is to be done on it its cheap affordable less down time an a tax write off. You buy used, you have no idea how it was ran, do they have all records on repairs, was the van ever over loaded, did they baby it or drive it to the floor board. How adout accidents too. Lot to think about before you get in to this business. Would say drive for someone first an see how well it is working for you. An then ask the owner if he would sell you the van you are driving.

If you do your homework Sprinter was the van that started it all and will continue to advance and revolutionize the driving experience with new features on upcoming model. Wait until the 2018 Model comes out, nothing will compare, fuel economy is very important and the Sprinter gets the best in class. Just stay away from the 07-13 Sprinter in my opinion. Go Vintage or new and you won't have any complaints. If the promaster looked a little better I'd consider it but it looks like a spaceship or something. o_O I've driven my 06 Sprinters over 300k and not once have they ever left me stranded besides running out of fuel a couple times. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime