Sprinter per mile charge

G

What price per mile is fair to charge a business for a sprinter van? For the sake of discussion lets assume it’s a 400-mile trip with 2,000 lb. I know what FedEx Custom Critical is saying it will cost on their web page but I also know that regular customers get a substantial discount.

I've got a sprinter on order and my authority paperwork has been filed. I'm going to try it on my own and if doesn't work I can always sign on with a company.

GroundHawk

Expert Expediter
Hi, 1.00 a mile is okay but I would try for 1.30 with fuel prices and insurance that you are going to pay 1.30 is okay. In some cases I ask 1.50 don't forget tolls. I have my own authority also and people think that truckers should run for nothing---but when it comes to them they can it id a different story---fuel,oil,insurance,tolls,tires,-----. Hawk

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Terry,

Where have you been? You have been MIA for about 3 months or more. In fact I think the last time we heard from you was right after the Expo, or right after we started the loading dock forum. I hope you are okay? Anyway! Glad to see you back and posting again on the forums. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones. Tony

GroundHawk

Expert Expediter
Thanks Tony, I have been around,had a little computer problems,trying to get another van can't get anyone to lend me the money at the rates I want. Hawk

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Don’t stay away so long. What’s it been 3 or 4 months now? Did you send Deb, & LM your mailing address? Deb ask me to send you a message a while ago. I hope you received the message, beings you had Putter problems

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
also if you want repeat busisness tell them if you give me this many
loads a week i do it for this price, and if sent you any customers
i would say give you a break on the charges for shipping
also some carries have other companies that they call when they
run out of truck's or they don't want to tie up one of there units
also is there any military base around you as there always looking
for people to ship with