Spell Check

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you Lawrence, Dale and anyone else involved in the spell check installation.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I post a little red squigglely line appears under misspelled words. Right now the word squigglely is underlined in red.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
No Way!! I want what you have!! How did you get that cool deal? I dont seem to have the ability you have.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
If the red lines appear when a word is misspelled, a few posters here will need some infrared protection....:) By the way, if a man is part of his canoe as well as part of all canoes have ever known, does that mean he is good tipper????

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
If the red lines appear when a word is misspelled, a few posters here will need some infrared protection....

That is a good one! I still can't get red lines to appear.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Several years ago a waitress who was born and raised in Ely, Mn and was working in a bar near the lift bridge in Duluth, MN told me the following joke...

What is the difference between a Canuck and a canoe?

A canoe tips.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey Moot. Are you using Firefox? If so, version 2.0 and above may be what is adding the spell checker.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Jeff. My daughter told me to use Firefox and I installed it the other day on my laptop, about the same time the red lines started to appear. I was worried it was something in my coffee.

About the same I noticed my wifi connection quit working. Any suggestions?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did you go into the start menu to connections to see if it was disabled? I'm with Jefferson, you're getting the spell check from Firefox. If you're using Adaware you're going to find you get less crapola that you need to delete. Good firewall.

Hmmm, crapola is underlined. Anyone know how to spell that?

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hehehe. Crapola probably isn't in the database. I think you've made as good of a spelling as any.

My wife loves the spellcheck as well. It works on lots of sites, including various webmail services, as well as Myspace and other blogs.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
well I have been using slimbrowser, but with the option for spell check, might look into changing, but according to Ft.Wayne, since I am perfect, I prolly dont need to change anything!!:p

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Yes Patrick, since you are perfect, you probably need not change anything. However, since the rest of the world is imperfect and internet security is definitely an issue, I would certainly consider switching to the Firefox browser.

More importantly, you get to try that cool spell check feature.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Well, I have truly tried to resist posting about spelling and grammatical errors but, since Moot brought it up, I can't resist posting my opinion. Sometimes I end up with a headache trying to figure out what a person is trying to say because they don’t use any punctuation and their spelling is out there somewhere!!! I will be happy (thrilled even) to help anyone who needs help with the steps I am about to share with you. The following steps will make it easy for you to be certain your post is correct.
1.Open Word on your computer.
2.Type your message (just as you would post it) and Word will underline spelling errors and even make suggestions for you. Simply left click on any underlined word and select the one you were trying to spell. If the sentence is underlined in green that means it is not correct. Again, left click and select the correct punctuation.
3.Next select all your text, left click and select Copy (or you can use the hot keys- Control/C).
4.Next open your post form in EO and place your cursor where you would normally type a message.
5.Left click and select Paste (or you can use the hot keys – Control/V).

All of us want to be treated with dignity and respect. That is one reason we dress properly, brush our teeth and comb our hair. That is also why we try to use correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

I’m not an expert but I have taught a lot of people how to use computers and computer programs such as Word and I’ll be happy to help if it something I know. India

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
Wisdom is what's left after we've run out of personal opinions

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
my spelling sucks,if i feel the need to check my spelling, i just google the word.as far as useing capital letters,some times I do,sometimes i don't
my name is steve and I approve of this message

marvinkwagner

Not a Member
If yas all paid for the Spell check instalation yas all got ripped off

Some body should take your credit cardss away.

By the way Steve YAS googles hmm figures I guess YA too lazy to look it up or use MS word. HA HA] Or note pad for that matter.

Dont worry Steve I didnt tell any one about your Wild Party you had at the Hotel.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>>>>PIZZA PARTY YA STEVE YOUR PIZZA PARTY NOW
WHAT ELSE JUST HAPPEND TO SHOW UP AT THE PIZZA
PARTY????

By the way PIZZA has too much bad DHL you realy need to lay off the Bad Carbs Bud.. Try Spinich or Pea Soup and or Water Cress as well as Salad with out the oil or Vinigor. Get my Drift.
Sides all that cheese you been eaten realy not that good for ya either
see ya

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HAVE A FUN WEEKEND STEVE

YOUR BUDDY

ALFer's

Kev

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey Im half Canuck, and I tip... sheeesh. Someone asked me once why the chicken I was bar b qing was white.... I said it's Canadian Chicken... never sees the sun.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"That is also why we try to use correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling."

India,

It depends on what you qualify as correct grammar, with the new grammar that some of these kids today use is something else and may be considered a new language - the word "like" is overused just like "Whatever" and interjected a lot in a 'normal' sentence, if you call it that.

"Like I was sitting like right there, and this like guy came out of the taco bell like with a giant.... like taco..... like it was weird..... like you know what I mean?" - this is THE actual comment made to me and I stood there dumbfounded at what this girl said to me.