Speeding ticket in personal car

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Really? Can you point me to that rule?

I went off of memory and forgot that it's if the company suspects you drank in the last 4 hours that you have to be put OOS for 24 hours. Why be so arrogant like you never made a mistake?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Before I give my two cents I will tell you call a lawer in S.C. to confirm how a suporting deposition works.
1 For all tickets I always check the NOT GUILTY box on the summons and mail it in even if I dont plan on showing for court yet.

2 Check yes for requesting a supporting deposition. What this dose in MOST cases is the Officer has to provide you with a statement of why He or She wrote the ticket, OR show up in court. In New York State if you request a supporting deposition and you dont receive it, the Officer must show up or they dismiss the charges.

3 Call the court clerk and ask to speak with the D.A. and an attorney if its a ticket you will most likely have to fight and ask if they will plea it out by mail some will some wont.
This buys you time to research and decide if you want to show up and fight the charge.
Make sure you send all mail CERTIFIED this proves you sent it and they received it.

Decide how much dammage this will cause if its somthing that will not cause too much dammage and can be remedied by taking a driver safety course, or pay the fine with no points to your lisence.
Ticketts that carry points and a fine that cannot be negotiated by mail you MUST show up for court. Dont be suprised if you still have a fine close to what the violation has, but if you dodge the moving violation points I call that a draw.
Take the best plea bargin, pay the fine and go on with your life.

If you opt for a trial keep in mind the plea goes away, You fight the original caharge/s, you get charged all the fines, all the court fees, and get all the points, and all the hassle with insurance and your employer if you are found guilty.

If you mail in a fine send it Certified mail This practice saved my butt a couple years ago it took the US post ofice three weeks to deliver a letter one hundred and fifty miles away inside the U.S. Brockport NY to Philadelphia P.A.

Whatever you choose good luck.

Bob Wolf

Well don't have that box in SC
The officer will be in court in SC
You can call the clerk of court but in a Magistrate Court won't do you any good.
All that may work in NY but not in SC for a local ticket.

Deville

Not a Member
Really?...In a truck? anything over 0.0 bac is DUI?.... in all states?

Last time I got called in for a random I asked the lady who gave me the test about people coming in drunk. I think she said the limit was .02, anything over that was considered drunk. As far as mouthwash goes, she said the machine knows the diffrence between mouthwash alcohol & regular alcohol.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
BAC Standards:The FMCSA has established 0.04% as the blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level at or above which a CDL commercial motor vehicle operator who is required to have a CDL is deemed to be driving under the influence of alcohol and subject to the disqualification sanctions in the Federal regulations.*

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/cdl.htm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
The mouthwash alcohol & regular alcohol is ethyl alcohol. Any other type of alcohol (yes there are many different types) could blind you or do other really bad things to you. The woman that gave you that information is not properly trained. And yes, the instrument (NOT machine), only detects ethyl alcohol, no matter what your buddy at the next bar stool told you.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe its IN that lowers the limit to .04% for CDL holders in their personal vehicle. In any state if driving a TT or ST you cannot consume any alcohol 24 hours before driving.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

Not true, here's the rule

§ 382.207Pre-duty use.
No driver shall perform safety-sensitive functions within four hours after using alcohol. No employer having actual knowledge that a driver has used alcohol within four hours shall permit a driver to perform or continue to perform safety-sensitive functions.