Some Wild Estimates

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
They don't mention upkeep on the van among other things. There mileage is unrealistic,and there per mile rate to low.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
If one was averaging 3500 miles a week there would be no time to get a hotel room. That deal would actually be a kind of decent deal if the loads paid a dollar per mile and the if the maintenance was taken care of by the company. They're getting 1500 bucks a month for the van lease. Even if they are making payments on the van and paying for repairs, they can still make a profit. From what I see this is just a scam. You will never get 3500 miles a week in a cargo van. You can't even get that in a tractor trailer unless you're running teams. I have pulled down a 5600 mile week in a cargo van before, but you will not see that very often. I only saw it one time. Why doesn't someone give them a try and report back to us on how much money you're making! lol.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
well it may work out for them.think about all the Mcdonalds workers that make a couple hundred per week. No cdl in an under 10k vehicle most likely no drug test either hell any bum can drive a cargo van. most likely will turn into a multi-million company in a few weeks. yep out with people who think they are special and deserve a living wage just because they have a cdl. its all about moving freight cheaper than the companies doing it now. and you thought you was special cause you had good enough credit to invest in a 40k van and thought you would actually get some sort of ROI. isn't that what obama wants. we need to redistribute the wealth. here is a tip to the recruiters visit the soup kitchens in chicago area plenty of drivers for cargo vans. most likely sell there souls for a couple hundered per week.when I investigated same day pay and asked drivers what they thought they was worth per day I got bids as low as $70 per day.yep I really think they are on to something here. most likely already a sylectus carrier.instead of saying we don't care whos name is on the door they can say we don't care who is in the drivers seat.you all might as well park your vans now. they should hire ovm to recruit. I guess the best way to put a stop for them is to regulate cargo vans.and require background checks for anyone getting a drivers licence. why not blame cheap oil when a van cost less than .20 per mile to operate why not give them 3000 miles at .40 per mile and tell them they will double the money every week.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
If one was averaging 3500 miles a week there would be no time to get a hotel room. That deal would actually be a kind of decent deal if the loads paid a dollar per mile and the if the maintenance was taken care of by the company. They're getting 1500 bucks a month for the van lease. Even if they are making payments on the van and paying for repairs, they can still make a profit. From what I see this is just a scam. You will never get 3500 miles a week in a cargo van. You can't even get that in a tractor trailer unless you're running teams. I have pulled down a 5600 mile week in a cargo van before, but you will not see that very often. I only saw it one time. Why doesn't someone give them a try and report back to us on how much money you're making! lol.

well I will go to work for them if we can take up a donation for the 2k. 3500 miles well I am sure I can get out of the border states and if I position myself in the north east it would just be 1 trip out and back easy as pie even if I sit a day for that backhaul.

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Did you notice that they stated " for the start of the 2014 freight season " wonder if that worked for them !!!!!!!!!!

They appear to be tied to Govan Trucking Sharon, SC.

Last edited:

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I am still waiting on a call back to find out what the 2k is for.most likely a deposit for the rental company.I did not see any cost figured in for insurance.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They don't mention upkeep on the van among other things. There mileage is unrealistic,and there per mile rate to low.

Even if all the numbers are real, for that pay rate I wouldn't drive not even if my van would give me 30 mpg...

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I might drive their vans for that rate, but never mine.

Actually, I have a major problem with the idea of 3,500 miles a week being cast out there like it's a guarantee. I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but I've been around long enough to know there ain't no such thing as guaranteed mileage unless you have a dedicated route. But if you're on a dedicated route, you're not expedited.

I've had a couple of remarkably good weeks. On the other hand, I've had weeks where one 200 mile run was all I got that entire week. It varies pretty wildly, and anybody that preaches that you can make high mileage consistently either has steady customers or is pulling your leg-- one of the two.