Some real good snaps of our troops at work..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Originally Posted by layoutshooter
My only point was that it is difficult to form an accurate opinion on ANY subject if the information that opinion is based on is incomplete.

A premise which sounds really good on its face .... but isn't actually "true" ...... ;)
As worded, it's absolutely true. The key words are "difficult", "accurate", and "incomplete".

It would be more accurate to say:

It is difficult to form an accurate opinion without possessing at least a certain amount of relevant data necessary to draw a valid conclusion.
Also a true statement, but not in all cases, as "accurate" and "valid" are very different terms. One can have a very valid opinion, yet be entirely inaccurate.

For example, one could say Mark Levin is a conservative, which is a well founded and valid opinion based on plenty of relevant data, yet it's highly inaccurate.

The corollary would be:

The possession of all data regarding a situation is not always necessary to render a valid conclusion about the situation, or some aspect of it.
While also a true statement, it's not really a good corollary, because now you're introducing new variables that weren't present in the original statement.

In the context given - the geopolitical actions of multiple nations over a period of years - the simple fact is that no one individual likely "knows" all the data .... therefore incompleteness of data always exists in any given individual. That doesn't certainly prevent people from drawing valid conclusions.
Yeah, but the original statement was that of "accurate opinion," not "valid conclusions." One can draw a valid conclusion in this context, but the accuracy of the opinion depends solely on the amount of information known. After all, a conclusion can be highly inaccurate and dead wrong, and still be a valid one.

Based on what the original post seems to imply, and what I infer from it ..... it just makes me want to vomit ...... likely rather explosively ..... :(
The original post, to me, seems to imply with "snaps" to mean snapshots, photographs, or pictures, and "real good" seems to imply a favorable opinion of the photographs themselves. I, too find the photography quite good, and it doesn't make me want to vomit at all, much less explosively.

Based on our diametrically opposed inferences to these pictures, and your reaction to them, I do have to wonder what your reaction might be to bad photography of our troops at work. :D

Camper

Not a Member
For the record, I see sacrifice, compassion, hope, fear and tragedy to name a few.

Since you can read my mind and know it all, what else do I see?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

{Personal attacks are not allowed. Please stay on topic. - Turtle}

The real sacrifice is the resources that could be better spent on our own soil. For all the talk people like you do about being fiscally conservative, you never seem to back it up.

I'll do you one better: IMO, It's high time we privatize the military and run it like a frigging business. Doing so, is the only way ventures like the annual bailout of Israel(for instance) will be seen for what they are: an unprofitable waste of our national resources. Unfortunately, such a move is opposed by many so-called fiscal conservatives - The ones with (R) next to their name who spend like beltway liberals.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited by a moderator: