Some bright spots for the U.S.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Companies in the U.S. are relying on existing workers and temporary employees instead of hiring, helping to explain why payrolls grew less than forecast in June.

The average workweek rose for the first time since February and temporary staffing climbed for a third consecutive month, according to Labor Department figures issued in Washington yesterday. The report also showed payrolls advanced by 80,000 workers,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The average workweek climbed by six minutes to 34.5 hours in June, the report showed. Temporary staffing rose by 25,200, the biggest increase since February.

The increase in the average workweek would be equivalent to a 325,000 gain in payrolls, according to estimates by economists at Nomura Securities International Inc. headed by Lewis Alexander.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Automobiles are one area where demand is holding up. Cars and light trucks sold at a 14.1 million annual rate in June, up from May’s 13.7 million pace.

Manufacturers were among those asking existing employees to put in a longer workweek last month. Factory overtime climbed to 4.7 hours in June on average, the most in five years, yesterday’s report showed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another bright spot, workers’ average hourly earnings rose to $23.50 in June from $23.44 in the prior month, yesterday’s report showed.

“For the 92 percent of folks who have jobs, their incomes are rising, raises are still happening,” said Chris Varvares, senior managing director of Macroeconomic Advisers LLC in St. Louis.

Employers Get More From U.S. Workers as Jobs Gain Lags Forecast - Bloomberg

moose

Veteran Expediter
You can expect more of the above, as Gov. stimulate the workforce to make up for privet business holdups.
getting deeper into dept & no long term solutions will be given.
most Expedite freight providers will slow down coming into the election, and probably for some time after, do to market uncertainty.
(just like in most election years).
Question is: what are YOU going to do about this?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
These are good signs? Companies are not hiring because orders for durable goods are dropping like a rock. They are also not hiring due to the extreme anti-business administration in place. They are also not hiring due to the high business tax, one of the highest in the world.

Just think, the economic genius of Obama is now running your health care. Expect the same performance. Hope you were not planning on a long, health life.

OH YEAH, business is not hiring because they know that as Obama Care kicks in, with all it's 'hidden taxes', the economy will tank even faster. Not to mention one of the largest tax hikes in U.S. history that is coming on line in Jan,2013

H\

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can expect more of the above, as Gov. stimulate the workforce to make up for privet business holdups.
getting deeper into dept & no long term solutions will be given.
most Expedite freight providers will slow down coming into the election, and probably for some time after, do to market uncertainty.
(just like in most election years).
Question is: what are YOU going to do about this?

We have market uncertainty now....have for awhile...expedite has been all over the place...no real patterns, the slow ain;t really slow and what should be busy ain't so much...
The U.S. is more then ever dependent on the world markets....an election year will make little difference..IMO

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
These are good signs? Companies are not hiring because orders for durable goods are dropping like a rock. They are also not hiring due to the extreme anti-business administration in place. They are also not hiring due to the high business tax, one of the highest in the world.

Just think, the economic genius of Obama is now running your health care. Expect the same performance. Hope you were not planning on a long, health life.

OH YEAH, business is not hiring because they know that as Obama Care kicks in, with all it's 'hidden taxes', the economy will tank even faster. Not to mention one of the largest tax hikes in U.S. history that is coming on line in Jan,2013

H\

BUT factory orders are UP for this new quarter....it has been like that for a couple years now....all over the chart...

moose

Veteran Expediter
We have market uncertainty now....have for awhile...expedite has been all over the place...no real patterns, the slow ain;t really slow and what should be busy ain't so much...
Simple, You can thank Sylectus for that one too.
when every shipper/broker/carrier can see every available truck, you take the negotiation skills out of the process, and granted the cheapest hauling price, vacant freight patterns while doing so.
can you see the BIG picture now?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope, they have been falling for a quarter and continue to fall. I don't know what news you are watching.

U.S. durable-goods orders fall 2.1% in June - MarketWatch

Factory orders are UP over all....don't know what you are reading either...LOL

The Institute for Supply Management said its June Purchasing Manufacturers Index fell to 49.7, down from 53.5 in May. It was the first time the index fell below 50, which signals expansion in the sector, since July 2009.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Simple, You can thank Sylectus for that one too.
when every shipper/broker/carrier can see every available truck, you take the negotiation skills out of the process, and granted the cheapest hauling price, vacant freight patterns while doing so.
can you see the BIG picture now?

Yep....so much more then most..;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Factory orders are UP over all....don't know what you are reading either...LOL

The Institute for Supply Management said its June Purchasing Manufacturers Index fell to 49.7, down from 53.5 in May. It was the first time the index fell below 50, which signals expansion in the sector, since July 2009.

Just what I posted, durable goods orders have dropped for 3 months straight.

Unemployment continues high and grossly under reported. There is almost no growth in the GDP. There is little good economic news out there.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just what I posted, durable goods orders have dropped for 3 months straight.

Unemployment continues high and grossly under reported. There is almost no growth in the GDP. There is little good economic news out there.

I disagree....completely....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
says you and your type....I have hope for the US....you've given up....

You are back in your 'subject' role again. The story on the drop in durable goods has been in the news for several days. My TYPE? Hard working, self reliant and not stupid enough to submit to government control? I have not yet begun to fight. That time comes soon.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are back in your 'subject' role again. The story on the drop in durable goods has been in the news for several days. My TYPE? Hard working, self reliant and not stupid enough to submit to government control? I have not yet begun to fight. That time comes soon.

you already have submitted....you do your taxes every year like a good boy....:p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
you already have submitted....you do your taxes every year like a good boy....:p

Not for long. Just wait until you see the letter I am composing to send to my two useless, communist, Obama lackey Senators. I bet YOU would not want to sign and mail it to yours, if they are of the same ilk.

I am also ordering some 'needed supplies', I will be needing some things REAL soon.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not for long. Just wait until you see the letter I am composing to send to my two useless, communist, Obama lackey Senators. I bet YOU would not want to sign and mail it to yours, if they are of the same ilk.

I am also ordering some 'needed supplies', I will be needing some things REAL soon.

Don't drop the soap.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't drop the soap.

I just finished my shower. Don't need any soap now.

I know many don't believe that I am willing to stand up and defend the Constitution, but those who don't think I will don't know me. ANY attempt to eliminate the Constitution is an act of war.

There are only two kinds of people in this country. Those who stand for and are are willing to defend the US Constitution, and enemies.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just finished my shower. Don't need any soap now.

I know many don't believe that I am willing to stand up and defend the Constitution, but those who don't think I will don't know me. ANY attempt to eliminate the Constitution is an act of war.

There are only two kinds of people in this country. Those who stand for and are are willing to defend the US Constitution, and enemies.

I dont think it has anything to do with if a person believes in defending the constitution it has more to do with living in reality.

It does not always take bullets to defend something.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You just keepspinning it barry, i mean OVM.....:rolleyes:

Just like the garbage jobs report that came out yesterday that was bad, but its a "continued step in the right direction"....lol please....