Soapbox Forum, one year later.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well folks, it was just over one year ago (July 3, 2006 to be precise) that I started this little experiment.. "The Soapbox". I did it in response to requests for a forum where you could speak your mind about politics, and current events, with 'looser' guidelines, and less restrictions on what you could say, and or talk about. This would also of course, keep those 'passionate' discussions off the main forum.

Some members expressed strong reservations to whether this forum was needed, and whether it would work.

I believe it has!

We have had some great debates, and some folks have quickly shown their debating skills, and earned the respect of others, whether they agree with them or not. And that my friends, was the whole point of the forum. To show that people could present opposing viewpoints without resorting to the childlike antics we see in some places.

I'd like to thank you all for making this forum successful, and we'll definately be keeping it around.

I'd also like to thank Leo and Cheri for volunteering to keep tabs on this place, as well as making some great contributions along the way! I hope you all will join me in thanking them as well!

Great job!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dreamer Thank you.

I've been able to field questions about life in America and with Greg,hawks and Leo's input gotten valuable info on life in the ole U.S of A. I thank them also for being patient with me!

See you all at the Expo breakfast I hope.

Ken Amor:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thank YOU, Dreamer, for having faith in our ability to disagree, without resorting to seriously immature behavior.
I've enjoyed reading the various viewpoints on subjects important & un, and I've learned a thing or two, as well.
The men who created this big, complex, and wonderful country, knew that civil debate is an essential part of freedom. I believe that we honor the men and women in uniform who are protecting our freedom of speech, when we use that freedom responsibly.
Thanks to all who participate - YOU are what makes America great!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wow, has it been a year already?

Where did the time go to?

Well, well... I got to say that it has been fun to say the least.

I have to thank everyone for speaking up and providing an opinion, like Cheri said you make America great.

I also like to thank Lawrence and Dreamer for the forum, Leo and Cheri for moderating it and EO members like Tallcal, Letzrock, OVM, and others who escape my mind for the opportunity to engage in debate. It is hard to find a forum that has both sides.

WOW that sounded like an Oscar acceptance speech but no where the hour and half that it would be if this was the Oscar's.

Aviator

Expert Expediter
Yep, I have enjoyed it also. Have not had a lot of time to participate lately though. Maybe later this summer :7

Aviator

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Funny letzrock.. LOL>.

:p

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy